cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arabic Language on Management Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement from a client to have Arabic on the the Afaria and Mocana Management Cockpit. This would be specifically for the on-premise version of Mobile Secure (Afaria and Mocana). I dont think SAP supports this out of the box. Would there be a way I could customize this feature?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

Do you have any further queries? Could you please revert with response on the discussion?

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

If you feel the question is answered, please mark the same on the discussion so that the customers with similar queries can look into the discussion for solution.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, at this time, you would have to build your own console, or use a third party translation tool (I've heard that translation proxies are available for web driven interfaces such as this). As Sushmitha pointed out, you can submit an enhancement request for this online. Since you mentioned customization, it would be a cool idea if you were able to specify translation resource files yourself... but this isn't something that is currently provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

Does this mean we make the console from the ground up? How would that impact the ability to upgrade the console.

Could you provide more information of how we could customize the console and how it would impact the solution? Also what would SAP provide us for us to do the customization? What would we be starting with (realistically).

Thanks

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, yes, you would have to build it from the ground up. It is not a measure that is normally undertaken, but I wanted to make sure that you were aware that it could be done, especially if there is only a limited functionality that you need to expose. There are some training guides and samples available on the mobility wiki and SCN, which can be found here:
http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMOB/Afaria+-+Server+API+Documentation

There is also an API reference file available on help.sap.com:
http://help.sap.com/afaria7sp5/

Additionally, if you ran into any issues with being unable to implement any particular API calls, you would either be able to get assistance here or through submitting an incident.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

Thank you for reaching out to SAP Community Network.

Unfortunately Afaria doesn't support Arabic language. The languages supported by Afaria are English, German, French, Japanese, Russian, Chinese (Simplified).

I would recommend to report this as an enhancement request at Afaria Idea Place: https://ideas.sap.com/afariamakesiteasy .The Afaria Idea Place is set up for private access, meaning that everyone must register and then be admitted by an administrator. Please find more details on About page for how to submit and track ideas.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha