cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to execute BODS Job with server group on bods client(remote machine)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are unable to execute BODS Job with server group on client machine. The same job can be executed with job server in the client machine,Also
with the server group executed via command line with in the cluster .

Error : Unable to connect to any of the job server listed in the server group

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Have you tried to execute the same job from management console by selecting the server group??

Thanks,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

Everything looks fine even i have executed the job with job server option from remote machine and job successfully executed.

The job is getting failed when i select the server group option.

Below is the job :

1. Connected to cms repository

2. Unable to find any of the job server listed in the server group\

Thanks

Ragu

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Can you please try the workaround mentioned in SAP Note 1931478 - Job server group not working when one of the servers is shut down

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sasi,

I have created the job server in the cluster with 2 compurter having identical servers .locale and selected one job server in each computer on linux platform.

I Would like to know whether we can execute the job with server group in remote machine or i have to execute the job with in the cluster.

Below is the log

1. Connected to cms of the cluster

2. Unable to identify any of the job server listed in the server group  . job execution is failed

Since i have to execute the job from tws scheduler i have installed bods client in tws and trying to execute the script from tws iam getting the error.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

You can execute the job with server group from remote machine. make sure that there is a proper connectivity and all the ports are open between Client and Server. The Client and Server must be in the same domain and must have same DNS.

Are you referring to IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler.

Are you able to execute the job from Data Services Management Console.

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

What is the status of the Server Group in Data Services Management Console

Make sure that you have followed two basic rules while creating Server Groups in DS Console

1. All the Job Servers in an individual server group must be associated with the same repository, which must be defined as a default repository. The Job Servers in the server group must also have:
    • Identical SAP BusinessObjects Data Services versions
    • Identical database server versions
    • Identical locale
  2. Each computer can only contribute one Job Server to a server group.

Regards

Arun Sasi