cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 6.5 Auditing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community, I'm trying to find documentation about Auditing for old BO 6.5, but it's nowhere to be found.

Especially I need these informations:

- How the Auditing package is installed and where the DB tables are created

- How can I manage the Audit events that are logged into the DB and whether or not there is a web admin console

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Fabio Pitzolu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fabio,

The basic Audit already comes with the system.  If you install other options you can install Auditor add-on product.   The manuals are shipped with the Install DVD's.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay, it looks like the only way for me to get the infos I need is to get it from the manuals on the installation disks, am I right?

Thanks,

Fabio

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fabio,

The good thing is that the older version provided full PDF documents on the install DVD's.  Check the Admin guide and you will the info required on how to deploy on Java, Audit tables and web based Admin console.

Keep in mind that BOE 6.5 is a very old version it will NOT work on Win2008, you will need to install on Windows 2003 32bit the most.   Also you will need JAVA ver 1.5 and much older version of browser like IE 7 or 8.   The last ver was BOE 6.5.4, released back in 2006.   You need to use software from 2006 (almost 10yr old), no product is ever forward compatible.

Manuals Require are:

• admin_console_mswin
  • BORepository
  • deployment_installation_configuration_windows
  • deployment
  • ManualConfigWin

Here are just a a few list of documents you are looking for.

Good Luck,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankfully I don't have to install a new BO 6.5 but I'm studying an existing platform for a migration to a newer BO version.

You've been very helpful, thanks Ajay!

Fabio

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fabio,

You best migration path would be to migrate to BOE XI 3.1 w/ SP7 and then go to BI 4.1 w/ SP6.

Ajay

If the information provided was useful in helping to resolve your issue please mark the blog properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that was the path we wanted to follow, right after sizing the new environment with the audit information we should collect.

Fabio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this product is soo old, I don't think even archives at help.sap.com have that.

try BOB: Business Objects Board - Index.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis, in SAP they don't have old BO documents or admin guides, at least not that old... I'll try posting on BOB, maybe they have some material.

Thanks!

Fabio