cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PRD Archiving for the object EC_PCA_ITM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing archiving for one of the object EC_PCA_ITM. I archived the data with the T-Code SARA and about to start delection archived data. But unforunately archived objects not came for deletion. I am successfully deleted for other objects like CO_ITEM and facing problem to delete for EC_PCA_ITM. Please suggest me if there is any technical problem i am facing to delete.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

If i checked in deletion part, status showing as 'Archiving completed' with yellow symbol.

In the same way storage showing ' Red symbol' with message as 'Not stored'.

Usually once successfully archived it will come for selecting deletions. But for this object we couldn't able to select for deletions.

I have received full access for the archiving activity relating to SARA T-code.

Thanks,

Sathish

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The write job writes an archive, usually to the file system first.

in the  subsequent step this file is read and verified, and if everything is okay the records from the database tables will be deleted.

and subsequent to that you store the archive file, which means you move it from your file system to a save harbor.

Your screenshot shows flashes behind each run, which usually means that the archive file cannot be accessed. Without access you cannot delete anything.

I can see that the archives were created quite some months ago.  What could have happened? Either someone changed the customizing for the archive paths, or a basis guy moved the archive files in the file system to another directory, or they got even deleted physically.

Now you have to check if there was a change in customizing and you have to ask your Basis guys to search for the files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in this case please check whether the files are present at the OS level or not. Also check for permission issues of the archive files created at the OS level.

Best Regards,

Ankit Goel

0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a problem with the connection to where the archive files reside?  As it looks like all of your archive files are not accessible.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson