Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with activation of t&d licence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with my licences.

I started to test ESP 5.1 with an extended test version (90 days). Now we created an test&developement licence.

After reinstalling ESP with that t&d licence I still can't start projects and the stdstreams.log says that the licence is expired.

Do I have to change something that the t&d licence can work?

Also I'm not sure if I used the right information for the licence. For the licence we used the Un-served model and that wants the following information:

Host-ID, Host-Name and Amount of licences

For Host-ID I used the physical address of my pc like here is explained:https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001006652011E#30-4

For the Host-Name I used the name of the pc.

Is this right, or does I have to use other information to get the licence working?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using SP08 or SP09? There can be some differences in the files.

It is hard to tell without the exact complete error trace.

So what does the exact flexnet trace look like?

It should tell where it looks and what it finds and the full flexnet error.

If you change the type of license in an existing installation then you also need to change the

esp_license.prop file (..\ESP-5_1\sysam\)
For a development and test license the second line should be:

LT=DT

If you have development and test license generated as you say then edit the second line of this file as above.

Also, in case they are interfering, move out all old no longer valid licences out of the folder ..\SYSAM-2_0\licenses

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

thanks for the fast answer.

I use SP09 and also reinstalled ESP with the d&t licence. So the second line is already "LT=DT" and also there is only the new licence in the licence-folder.

ESP studio tells this error message (waht shows that there is a licence problem):

esp_server.log shows this:

stdstreams.log shows this:

Error: the license has expired

2015/06/29 13:20:55  Info (131228): Using licenses from: C:\Sybase\SYSAM-2_0\licenses\SYBASE.lic

2015/06/29 13:20:55  Error (131302): Failed to obtain license(s) for ESP_CORE feature from license file(s) or server(s).

2015/06/29 13:20:55  Error (131304): Insufficient ESP_CORE CPU licenses. Sybase Event Stream Processor Engine requires 2 ESP_CORE ("DT") CPU licenses for use on this machine but only 1 could be obtained. Check whether additional licenses are available at the Sybase Product Download Center.

2015/06/29 13:20:55  Error (0): License feature name:  ESP_CORE

2015/06/29 13:20:55  Error (0): License search path:   C:\Sybase\SYSAM-2_0\licenses\SYBASE.lic;

2015/06/29 13:20:55  Error (0): FLEXnet Licensing error:-73,125

2015/06/29 13:20:55  Error (0): For further information, refer to the Sybase Software Asset Management website at http://www.sybase.com/sysam

SAP Event Stream Processor Engine 5.1.092.00/20141231.1/SP09 Rev92/winnt/x86_64/64-bit/OPT/Wed, Dec 31, 2014  3:41:47 PM

Copyright 2014 SAP AG or an SAP affiliate company. All Rights Reserved.

No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form

or for any purpose without the express permission of SAP AG. The

information contained herein may be changed without prior notice.

Error: the license has expired

Best Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The real error is this one:

>>>

Insufficient ESP_CORE CPU licenses. Sybase Event Stream Processor Engine requires 2 ESP_CORE ("DT") CPU licenses for use on this machine but only 1 could be obtained. Check whether additional licenses are available at the Sybase Product Download Center.

<<<

Apparently your machine requires 2 licenses for 2 CPU's \ cores (hyperthreading enabled?); or that is what I make of it.
Only one license was found instead of the expected two.

Not sure why it says expired, maybe because it finds old licenses in its search path or it is just a faulty message. Think you can ignore the expired message. But you need to deal with insufficient licenses message.

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

thanks for your help. We created two licences and now it works fine.

Best Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great,

Always nice to hear,

Best Regards,

Ben

Answers (0)