Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMC Login Problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I encounter this error when attempting to log into the CMC:

"Error: Server SERVER:6400 not found or server may be down (FWM 01003) null"

I did some research and most people advised checking that the CMC service was running. So I have checked the Central Configuration Manager. Its status says that it's started. But I restarted the service just be sure. The Tomcat service is also started.

I checked the Event Viewer on the server and see the following warning;

"The CMS cluster seems to be missing the Server Intelligence objects for this Server Intelligence Agent."

"No servers were found in the CMS for this Server Intelligence Agent."

I would like to avoid having to reinstall Business Objects if I can.

Can anyone suggest what I can try to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colin

You got a chance to refer to this KB# 1686315 - Central Managment Server (CMS) does not start when the Server Intelligence Agent (SIA) sta...

Cause

• The SIA connects to the remote CMS and in it's database the local CMS does not exist. Therefore the SIA doe not start it's local CMS. This can be seen in the log file : "The CMS cluster seems to be missing the Server Intelligence objects for this Server Intelligence Agent."

Resolution

1. Open the properties of the SIA, go to the Startup tab and if you see a remote CMS remove it.
  2. Go to Configuration and change the cluster name for the CMS. Click on apply and make sure that it now says "CMS belongs to cluster XYZ" instead of the other cluster.
  3. Start the SIA.

~VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

When I go into the CCM and click on SIA Properties -> Startup Tab

I do see a Remote CMS Server listed but when I highlight it, the option to Remove is greyed out. I'm logged into the box as an admin so unsure what else to try?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you are facing this issue due to virtual clustering. Try out below steps:

1. Stop the SIA.

2. Now you should be able to remove the remote CMS server entry.

3. Once done do NOT start it back, go to configuration tab and change the CLUSTERNAME to any other and click on Ok button.

4. Verify the remote CMS entry is gone from Startup Tab.

5. If it is gone then you can Start SIA.

Check if it helps. else provide all the details (ex: DB, BO version, from when the issue started along with screenshots if possible etc)

Thanks,

Mayur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

OK, so I have stopped SIA and now when I go to Startup tab I can remove my remote CMS Server.

Without exiting properties, I go to the Configuration tab and check the 'Change Cluster Name to'
test

Clicked OK.

When I go back in to SIA properties the remote CMS entrt is back in Startup tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, I retried it and this time I chose a better cluster name than test.

Once I did this I no longer saw the remote cms entry.

So I restarted the SIA.

I tested and now I am able to log into the CMC again and reports appear to be working as normal.

Thanks a lot for your help - much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also seeing this error in the logging folder:

ERROR [IndexManager] Error trying to release current searcher lock:com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKServerException: All the servers with CMS SERVER.company.com:6400, cluster @SERVER.company.com:6400, kind cms which host service null, are down or disabled

cause:com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.idl.OCA.oca_abuse: IDL:img.seagatesoftware.com/OCA/oca_abuse:3.2

detail:All the servers with CMS SERVER.company.com:6400, cluster @SERVER.company.com:6400, kind cms which host service null, are down or disabled

Server shutdown completed

"

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the CMS DB is up and running or not?

Check CMS DB connection DSN is working or not?

Check in the CCM->SIA->Manger servers if you can login.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

where can I check the CMS DB Connection DSN is working?

onkarvelhals
Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you have confirmed what Amit talked about in above message, perform the following steps to recreate the SIA.

1. Open Central Configuration Manager(CCM)
  2. Click on Add SIA button on the top
  3. Enter the name of SIA that was previously given.
  4. Enter the port - this should be the same port that was previously given(default SIA port is 6410)
  5. To create all the standard Business Objects servers, check the box "Create Default Servers on the New Node"
  6. Check the check box (recreate Server Intelligence Agent on the localhost if it already exists on CMS system database)
  7. Click on Next
  8. Enter the Central Management Server (CMS) Port that was previously given (default CMS port is 6400)
  9. Click on Specify for the CMS Database.
  10. Enter the credentials
  11. If required also entry the Audit database information
  12. Click on Next
  13. Enter the Administrator Username and Password as defined in the CMS repository
  14. Click on Next
  15. Click on Finish
  16. SIA will be recreated

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Onkar

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which database you have used for CMS DB? oracle,sqlserver or some other data base?

Amit