cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three questions about Controls and BPF in BPC 10.1 Classic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts, hello!

I have three questions about controls and BPF in BPC 10.1 Classic.

1. In Control Monitor it is impossible to see status and run validations for companies. It can be done by groups of companies (SCOPE) only. That is to see a company in Control Monitor you must first include it in a group in Ownership Manager Editor. Then you chose this group in Control Monitor (in SCOPE). In this case we can see our company in the specified SCOPE.

Is it correct?

We want to see and run controls from Control Monitor for company only .

How can we do it?

2. If we enter data for SCOPE NO_SCOPE (No group) that doesn’t satisfy the control, then run control for a group where our company belongs, validation will result in an error. Though data was entered not for the company’s scope.

Is it correct?

3. For running controls from BPF with Entity Driving Dimension and Category and Time dimnesions in Context we use hyperlink with "Open controls summary".In this case we also have Scope in Context only. That is user must know in wich Scope his entity are involved to run controls. Is it correct? In 10.0 systems in this case control monitor opens only for company.

How can we set running control with inheritance Company from BPF?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Olga.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can find some good information about the control monitor from the online help.  Based on the information I found you can select the context for control monitor only for the control driving dimensions.

Also you can access any BPC function from BPF exactly in the same way as you access them directly.  Therefore if you can set the context at Entity level when you go directly to control monitor then you should be able to do the same through a BPF activity as well.

Here is the link for the online help for control monitor.  I hope this helps answer your questions.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bpc10_nw/helpdata/en/8b/e083dbef4e494f9ee3bffc8e04eebb/content.htm?frame...

Regards,

Leila