Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid keycode vs2010 win8.1

kierenbrown
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello

Been using crystal reports for visual studio quite happily for a number of years

but my machine went pop in January and had to get a new pc

everything had been working fine until about a month ago when i first got an "invalid keycode" message when closing visual studio.

since then i have been repairing visual studio and re-installing service pack and crystal reports for VS anytime i need to do any work with reports, this usually gives me a few days before the "invalid keycode" message appears again

Last Thursday i uninstalled everything, all copies of crystal reports and visual studio entirely, then installed from scratch, starting with VSm then sp1 then CR for VS (i did have a couple of client redist installs on pc at all which wondered were causing problems?)

it made it until today before it got the dreaded message back again!

i have read multiple discussions on this message, but all just suggest the wrong version is in use

i am using v13.0.14 which i am pretty sure is the latest version?, i have also tried an older version i had v13.0.0, but VS does not like this one at all!

any suggestions welcome as would be nice just to be able to work normally again

thanks

k

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi K

I'm thinking of getting you to do all the unistalls of CR again. I also want you to triple check that you do not have CR 10.2 or 10.5 installed (bundled with VS 2005 & 2008 respectively). Once that is done, I'd also like you to look at the registry. If you do not have any other SAP / CR products, delete the "\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0" key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0

While you're at it, you might as well delete the key from HKEY_CURRENT_USER. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0

Also, CR 10.2 would have reg folders like this:

HKCU\Software\Crystal Decisions\10.2

HKLM\Software\Crystal Decisions\10.2

See if you find these. If you do, delete them. Ditto for CR 10.5.

All the usual warnings about registry modifications apply. E.g.; if you are not sure, don't do it, get someone who does.

Reinstall CRVS. Keep your fingers crossed...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

kierenbrown
Explorer
0 Kudos

many thanks for reply

ok i uninstalled cr for vs studio again and did notice i did have another instance of crystal reports that was installed with the audit software we use

it was called "crystal reports XI R2 for alloy navigator", must have been installed on my old pc and not caused a problem, but i uninstalled anyway

i also removed .net framework entries for CR from the registry as suggested above

there was no sign of CR 10.2 or 10.5 being installed either in programs or registry

currently it is working as it usually is when first re-install, but i guess i will know for certain in a few days

fingers crossed , i will let you know how i get on

cheers

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's two of us keeping our fingers crossed. If the issue comes back, we'll throw Process Monitor it and see what it tells us.

- Ludek

kierenbrown
Explorer
0 Kudos

unfortunately right on schedule the invalid keycode error has returned.

ill give process monitor a look

kierenbrown
Explorer
0 Kudos

ok i have looked at process monitor

any idea how i filter it then to just see what i need regarding crystal reports

as at the moment its like looking for a needle in a haystack

thanks

k

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Filter for the process running the report. You can then choose to look at registry folders or files. Searching for "Access Denied" may be a good idea. Perhaps searching for keycode, etc.

- Ludek

kierenbrown
Explorer
0 Kudos

many thanks ludek

sorry for not replying sooner, but not getting much time to look into this issue at the moment

i finally got time to run a filter today on devenv.exe and regquerykey entries in process monitor

i did manage to find several references to the 2 below

HKCU\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0

HKCU\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports Designer Component

not sure what i am looking at in that location, but i believe its the correct version for vs2010

Answers (0)