cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Change for Routings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP and I have to change the work center in the routing for over 6000 different parts.  I want to do a mass change but am not sure how to do it. I've tried using T code CA85n and also t code CEWB, but I am unable to edit any of the routings.  If there is any way someone can give me greater detail that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Brad Hitselberger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

biplob_chowdhury15
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

What error message you are getting while editing. If it is authorization issue, after CA85N run SU53, and send screenshot to your Basis team. CA85N works fine for mass replacement of work center.

Thanks,

B.Chowdhury

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Brad

Can you please provide more details? Why aren't you able to edit the routings? Do you see any error message?

In addition, check if you have the necessary authorization running an authorization trance on SU53.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cateano,

The error messages we usually get are below:

• The number of decimal places is larger than allowed in customizing
  • You don't have authorization to change this operation

We get these messages in both CA85N and CEWB

Here are the steps taken while using CEWB

1. Enter Work area
  2. Load parts using Additional selection Criteria
  3. Fill out plant, and work center needing updates
  4. Load Task Lists
  5. Select all, OR Select Materials
  6. Extras> Mass Change
  7. Then, we get Select Column, or choose operation ( This part does not work, because it prompts the same message to choose operation)

From there we usually have to manually type in the desired WORK CENTER, then save and hope it really saves when it says WORK LIST SAVED. (Some routing do not accept changes although it says it has been saved.)

Is this the proper way to use CEWB for routing changes?

WHAT the purpose of the Change number?

haribalakrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian Denard,

You will get the option to replace work with new value only after selecting the operations row & work center column as shown below and then choose Mass change option.

As per the second error message it is clear that it's an authorization issue. As suggested caetano please execute SU53 and send the screen shot to your basis person to get necessary authorization.

I am not able to understand which value you are trying change when system system gave first error.

please give more details.

BR

Raghava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Caetano,

Below shows just one of the error messages I get when I try to mass change the parts using CA85n.

I also attached authorization SU53 page that shows up for me.  Thanks for helping out.

Thanks,

Brad Hitselberger

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Check in work center on basic data tab, under standard value key, have you maintained must be entered for set-up. If this is maintained then system is asking you for the value i.e. time.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

IN CR02's Basic Data, teh Standrad Value Key is set yo: SAP1 (Normal Production). While doing mass change It never prompted us to enter a value. How can we avoid this issue?

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian

key is SAP01 but whats the value maintained there that is, is it set mandatory against set up time?

regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghava Sadhu,

The steps you described above will work, but Work Center is not set as a selection criteria. Please see the image below, WORK CENTER is not on the list so therefore we cannot select and use it for mass changes. How do we add work center as a value within CEWB?