cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure SAP RFC output adapter?

0 Kudos

Dear Colleague,

in our esp project, we use SAP RFC output adapter to call abap function in the backend system. We have maintained the field mapping between esp and abap in a mapping xml file, and use a configuration file (xml) to maintain system information and logon credentials, because we want to deliver the ccl file as a sap marketplace download for all customers, any arbitrary information shall be removed from the ccl file.

however, we cannot remove the arbitary file path for the configuration file.

ATTACH OUTPUT ADAPTER RFC_output

TYPE rfcoutplugin

TO CreateRFCOutputColumns

PROPERTIES

config = 'C:/Users/dxxxxx/Documents/SybaseESP/5.1/workspace/project_name/adapter_config/adapter_config.xml' ;

I just learned that the best way to do this is not through the configuration files, but the project ccr file. Could someone please give me a detailed description on how to do that? I would be extremely grateful if we could do it together, for example, via online session.

Thank you and best regards,

Tao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

That is something that I had worked out in SP04 or SP08 and it should be similar SP09 or anything later.

It can be put into the ccr using a property set.

In the ATTACH ADAPTER statement you need to reference a propertyset as in

PROPERTIES
propertyset = 'mydbproperties'

Here is some copied and pasted ccl code; commented out:

//ATTACH OUTPUT ADAPTER Adapter1
// TYPE db_out
// TO SdkExampleOutputWindow
// GROUP dbgroup
// PROPERTIES
// propertyset = 'dbservice'
// ; //ADAPTER START GROUPS dbgroup;

//ADAPTER START GROUPS dbgroup NOSTART;

In the studio open the ccr file and go to the Project Configurations->Adapter Properties.

The ADD button adds a new propertyset, it needs a name for the ccl reference, for example mydbproperties.

Then go to the newly created propertyset in the list on the left, might be at the bottom, and Right Click New->Property Add

Typing in the property name and the current value, i.e. your file path, and save with <ctrl><S> and you should be done.

In the .ccr file it should be there now and in a common editor it should be visible what or where has been put in for the property set.

It is supposed to override the ccl so a rubbish value in the ccl and the right value in the ccr should then work in run-time. And once deployed the ccr file can be edited anyway you want.

Ben

0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

thanks a lot for your reply, adding "propertyset = 'mydbproperties' " in the ccl ATTACH ADAPTER statement was what I missed. Now everything works.

Best regards,

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, Great, Tao,

Please mark this one as answered if it's solved now,

Best Regards,

Ben

Answers (0)