Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implicit enhancement point in ECC upgrade of user-exit

0 Kudos

I was just going through an upgrade using SPAU.

When you encounter SAP user exits where we previously obtained an object key (e.g. MV45AFZZ, etc.),

what is the proper way to handle this?  In the past, we would simply keep our modified code instead of resetting to original.

In ECC, would it make more sense to reset to original and then reapply the changes using an implicit enhancement point?

I'm just learning about enhancement points and would like some feedback.

Thanks.

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Here we are talking about Upgrade.Over a period of time in the current version it is possible that there could be many User exits with custom logic.If you reset to Original will you be able to keep track of what are the existing User Exits that needs to be reimplemented using Enhancement Point.I am not pointing to just MV45AFZZ but also to similar User exits across different transactions.Just a word of caution 🙂

K.Kiran.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member185613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Usually the user exits like MV45AFZZ would appear with green traffic light status which means upgrade has retained the existing code and there is no adjustment to be done. If otherwise, you can do a reset to original, get the access key for the include and reapply the changes. There is no implicit enhancement point required as you are going to get the access key and make the changes.

Hope it helps,

~Athreya

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Here we are talking about Upgrade.Over a period of time in the current version it is possible that there could be many User exits with custom logic.If you reset to Original will you be able to keep track of what are the existing User Exits that needs to be reimplemented using Enhancement Point.I am not pointing to just MV45AFZZ but also to similar User exits across different transactions.Just a word of caution 🙂

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran,

I was thinking the same exact thing.  If I reset to original and reapply the code in the form of an implicit enhancement point, it would give me greater visibility as to which standard objects that we modifiied (even though they were identified empty with the intention for us to modify).

I was curious if there was any recommended best practice or any reason NOT to do it.

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

May be you should take up the activity of replacing the classical User exits with Enhancement points once the Upgrade is done and the system is stablilised.That way you will be at zero risk and have a controlled approach as you will be going by Transaction Code basis.Let's await experts replies.

K.Kiran.