cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

md04 vs md05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to train our buyers and planners on how to look for MRP exception messages. Is MD04/07 the right tool or MD05/06 ? I know of the theoritical differences and has seen expert Cateno's blog as well. But I want to know which one should be used on a day to day basis when the buyer/planners get to office in the morning after the nightly MRP job is run. And when should the "other" tool be used.

Please dont send me SAP help links or sdn posts which speak about the differences. I have gone thru them and none really have any "day in the life" kind of explaination.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

GS,

....I need to train our buyers and planners on how to look for MRP exception messages. Is MD04/07 the right tool or MD05/06?....

One wonders how you arrived at the conclusion that one tool is the 'right' tool?  I was a planner and planning manager using ECC MRP for 8 years before transitioning to project work; during this time I used both tools just about every day.

...Please don't send me SAP help links or sdn posts which speak about the differences....

A wise man entertains any/all answers when asking a question.  Otherwise he is likely to have great difficulty achieving enlightenment.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi GS

I see that most of your old threads are still open.

Even though I wrote the mentioned blog and that I could share my personal opinion on this thread, I don't feel inclined to answer threads of users who don't give feedback to the community when they find the solution of their problems.

I suggest you to review your old threads and select the correct answers, in order to close them. If you found the solution by yourself, please share it with the community and select your own answer as correct. In addition, check the blog

Regards

Caetano

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this question remembers a bit on Christmas - its coming every year

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

I did not go so far checking his old thread and I could not see that it was a duplicated thread.

I have even answered one of these threads.

I'll lock this thread as it has been already answered and the blog provides more information about that.

BR
Caetano

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Isn't "day in the life" depends upon daily requirement? As you already know all transactions (MD04/07 & MD05/06), then its matter of explaining users the benefits of each transaction. Example one is static and other is dynamic. During these sessions you need to make them understand what these transaction carries and then check with them how they can correlate with their business needs.

As a user they have to understand certain messages/traffic lights etc. which are necessary for their daily life. Example a PR created has message 01, which mean buyer needs to act to see the proposal and carry out his activities for the same (could be it's not required, coz stock is blocked etc. or need to release for approval, or some other business function).

Regards

Rahul

haribalakrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In day-to-day life after every MRP run planners need to look at MRP list to get know

1. check for any MRP terminations for the components they are responsbile for (exception group: 😎

2. check for any MRP terminations during BOM explosion (exception group: 5)

Once this is done probably we may need to re-run MRP

After this we should look at expection in group-7 and then complete checking other exceptions.

After checking all exceptions we may have to re-run MRP once again.

So MD05/06 will be generally look at after each MRP run.

After that we will be using MD04/07 to understand the up to date situtation.

Hope this helps you

BR

Raghava