cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic date and time pick up in IW41 for each operation from maintenance order

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Folks,

My client want that when he confirm the order and confirm multiple operations using iw41, every time he put the date and time for each operations,and also tick all the check box but now he want that the date and time should be pick up  from the maintenance order automatically so that the time can be save and it will not be hectic.

Please suggest your views and share your experience .

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav Solanki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200662
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav

As mentioned above, Define Control Parameters for Completion Confirmation, you have an option under Default Values "Propose Dates'.

If you check this box - then Start date will be taken from work order and Finish date will be as current date.

I think - this is always better.

When you say, finish date to be updated from work order - It may not capture the variances.

However, customer specific default values can be achieved by using the enhancement CONFPM01.

Regards

Pavan

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your valuable reply You are correct and I have already done this configuration,but can you tell me from where we can pick the time of work start on and work ends on for each operation automatically because my client does not want to enter time for each operation.

Suppose there are 30 operations that is performed or involved in task list or a maintenance order during the preventive maintenance and when we confirm the order we have to enter work start time and work ends time for each operation for the reporting purpose and this is time consume and big activity so, my user does not want to enter this time.

I think now you can understand my issue.

So my question is that how we can manage it .Is there any scenario for automation ?

Please share your experience.

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav Solanki

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan Sir,

Do you have any solution or idea regarding my issue. Actually this mandatory for me.

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav Solanki

former_member200662
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav

After going thru my previous reply and other replies, if you are particular about taking the dates from work order operations then I think, you need to select Earliest Start date and Earliest end date for each operation.

When the "Propose Dates" check is ticked - then while confirmation, you will have start dates and end dates defaulted as explained above. However, when you implement the enhancement, you can default the earliest start/end dates. Practically, earliest start/end dates may not be correct, the user need to verify and confirm the actual dates.

Let me tell you that IW41 - time confirmation is used to give the Actual end of operation execution. we cannot give the actual end date in IW32.

Start date can be taken from order/operation but end date has to be confirmed during Confirmation process.

For mass confirmation, you can use transaction IW44 or IW48.

Hope this is useful to you.

Regards

Pavan

former_member200662
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav

After going thru my previous reply and other replies, if you are particular about taking the dates from work order operations then I think, you need to select Earliest Start date and Earliest end date for each operation.

When the "Propose Dates" check is ticked - then while confirmation, you will have start dates and end dates defaulted as explained above. However, when you implement the enhancement, you can default the earliest start/end dates. Practically, earliest start/end dates may not be correct, the user need to verify and confirm the actual dates.

Let me tell you that IW41 - time confirmation is used to give the Actual end of operation execution. we cannot give the actual end date in IW32.

Start date can be taken from order/operation but end date has to be confirmed during Confirmation process.

For mass confirmation, you can use transaction IW44 or IW48.

Hope this is useful to you.

Regards

Pavan

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Just got time to look into your query again. It is the same as your original post. You basic issue is to simplify the mass entries to operation confirmation. see it is like this. While asking for something we are indirectly telling something. i.e.,

Case1. If you do not want to enter anything for each operation in detail. then you are expecting one date and time to flow to all operations of an Order. In this case you have to tell the system which one is this Start and  End date/time set you want to pass it. If it is same as from the fields Basic start /Finish of the Order then it is possible. all operations will be defaulted the same thing and your job is as simple as expected.

Case2. If it is not like that, then your simplification does not stand, because you have to enter all the Start/End dates, either before (like suggested Early start/finish  date/Time by Pavan) or during confirmation. The manual effort is same.

So it is evident that you are interested in Case1 like simplification. In this case you have to take the route I suggested earlier, ie user-exit CONFPM01. A few lines will be added to the sample code provided to you already. In which you will retrieve the Basic Start and Finish Date/Time (GSTRP, GSUZP, GLTRP, GLUZP) field values of the Order to variables and then passing these variables to ISDD, ISDZ, IEDD, IEDZ fields of all operations.

In a nutshell, your requirement has to go through the user-exit.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rao sir,

I got your point.

Regards

Gaurav Solanki

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your valuable reply You are correct and I have already done this configuration,but can you tell me from where we can pick the time of work start on and work ends on for each operation automatically because my client does not want to enter time for each operation.

Suppose there are 30 operations that is performed or involved in task list or a maintenance order during the preventive maintenance and when we confirm the order we have to enter work start time and work ends time for each operation for the reporting purpose and this is time consume and big activity so, my user does not want to enter this time.

I think now you can understand my issue.

So my question is that how we can manage it .Is there any scenario for automation ?

Please share your experience.

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav Solanki

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Yes, The user-exit CONFPM01, suggested by is a better option for your requirement. I have just tested for Date fields. It is working fine.  See the code I put in the include ZXCOFU01 here.

IF SY-TCODE = 'IW41'.
   AFRUD_EXP-ISDD = SY-DATUM - 3.
   AFRUD_EXP-ISDZ = '060708'.
   AFRUD_EXP-IEDD = SY-DATUM - 1.
   AFRUD_EXP-IEDZ = '080910'.
ENDIF.

This works very well and brought the default values to the IW41 screen. See the result.

You can see here, for testing I gave the Start date as 3 days before to present date and time as 06:07:08. Similarly for End date I gave as 1 day earlier to current date and time as shown above. So this was the test logic to populate default values. You can put your logic there in the include not only for the Dates but for other fields also of AFRUD structure (IW41 screen).

My previous post might not fully apply to your case, because it was a values addition to a custom report .

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Respected Rao sir,

Please share your experience regarding my issue.What we can do.

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav Solanki

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

In fact I did not follow these configuration related posts to your issue. Only exploring solutions in the development route. Present time does not allow me to spend time to study what was discussed in the other route. I'll try to reply in case you did not receive any replies to your query by the time I will be able to do so.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sir,

For your valuable reply.

Regards

Gaurav Solanki

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

It is difficult to address such user-friendliness fully in standard. For this sometime ago, we developed a report where the Orders and pending operations are listed in the ALV output > Here one column with heading IW41 has been given and filled with an icon. User when clicks on this icon, is taken to IW41 initial screen where the Order and operation automatically populated. User then presses Enter and in inside screen, Work center, Date and Time are populated from the ALV report. He just saves the confirmation and clicks Back button to come back to ALV screen, where he can do the same thing for another operation.

So, unlike user-exits, it is a full size technical requirement, your ABAPer only will be able to do.

This was achieved through BDCDATA programming. Sample code to be used in user_command section of the report program:

IF RS_SELFIELD-FIELDNAME = 'IW41'.
         REFRESH T_BDCDATA.
         PERFORM   FILL_BDC_DATA USING 'SAPLCORU' '3000' 'X'  ' '  ' '.
         PERFORM   FILL_BDC_DATA USING ' '  ' '  ' ' 'CORUF-AUFNR' WA-AUFNR.
         PERFORM   FILL_BDC_DATA USING ' '  ' '  ' ' 'CORUF-VORNR' WA-OPR_NO.
         PERFORM   FILL_BDC_DATA USING 'SAPLCORU' '3200' 'X'  ' '  ' '.
         PERFORM   FILL_BDC_DATA USING ' '  ' '  ' ' 'AFRUD-ARBPL' WA-MCNO.
         PERFORM   FILL_BDC_DATA USING ' '  ' '  ' ' 'AFRUD-ISDD' V_DATE.
         PERFORM   FILL_BDC_DATA USING ' '  ' '  ' ' 'AFRUD-ISDZ' V_TIME.
         CALL TRANSACTION 'IW41' USING T_BDCDATA.
     ENDIF.

Your ABAPer will understand what I conveyed about the coding.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

For completion confirmation setting in SPRO, You can specify which are the purposed Values in confirmation screen.

• Plant Maintenance and Customer Service
  •      Maintenance and Service Processing
  •           Completion Confirmations
  •                Define Control Parameters for Completion Confirmations

- Select PP & Order type detail screen

Default Values.

Rgds,

Sunil

gaurav_solanki2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

I have checked already there is no such as indicator or configuration whereby I can get automatically date and time from maintenance order to order confirmation for each operation.

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav Solanki

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Check SPRO mentioned in my previous reply

There is Default value section in which you will get

Propose Date Check Box  Option

F1 help for same-

Propose dates

Specifies that for the confirmation of operations, the system is to propose the start and finish dates of the individual operation segments, as calculated by lead time scheduling.

Use

The system differentiates between the proposed dates before the first confirmation and the proposed dates before all other confirmations:

The following dates are proposed for the first confirmation:

• In the start of work field: The earliest start date of the operation or, if this date is in the future, the current date with the time
  • In the end of work field: The current date with the time

The following dates are proposed for all other confirmation:

• In the start of work field: The actual finish of the last confirmation
  • In the end of work field: The current date with the time

Rgds

Sunil