Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Price Update in Raw Material

abumohammad_shoyeb
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru,

I am maintaining Raw Material as Price Control "V" and we are maintaining Standard Price as well. When we run CK40N, Semifinished material is taking Standard Price of RM.

Now I have two question,

1. Is there any standard process to update RM's Standard Price, like CK40N as a month end activity?

1. Is this Standard Process / Best Practice, FG and SFG will take Standard Price of RM?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is this Standard Process / Best Practice, FG and SFG will take Standard Price of RM?

Ans: No This is not a best practice. In your valuation variant check strategy for mat val (first tab). There I doubt you have standard price as first option. If yes change it to your requirement such as 'price as per price control in mat master'.

Regards

Rajneesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to update standard price for the RM. Then first uncheck the do not cost check box which is in costing1 view of the material master. When you run CK40N the system update standard price. Here it updates the price which is available in the MVP on the run date.

Regards,

Mukthar

abumohammad_shoyeb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This setting is not working for me. Is there any setting for me. Valuation Variant, Standart Price is first option for me.

Thanks...

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any standard process to update RM's Standard Price, like CK40N as a month end activity?

Ans: SAP recommends to have RMs and all bought out material with price control V (MAP) and not S (std price). There is a lot of material available on net to read on this topic.

But you can do Raw material costing to include delivery cost etc. Please read below mentioned SAP document for more help.

Raw Material Costing - Product Cost Planning (CO-PC-PCP) - SAP Library

Regards

Rajneesh

abumohammad_shoyeb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your nice help. Yes, in the Valuation Variant, Standart Price is first option and our RM is "V". If we run in that way:

1. Should we first set up the Standart Price of RM before cost run? and what is the process? Other wise our SFG and FG will be wrongly costed.

Thanks,

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Depending on your requirement you should decide your process sequence.

If you want to use MAP of RMs to be used for standard cost calculation, please correct your valuation strategy as suggested earlier. Else first set std price of your RMs then do SCE.

Rajneesh