Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom UI for BPM Human Tasks

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Could some one please help.

I am trying to use the UI5 application hosted on our SAP Gateway system for BPM Human Tasks.

I followed the SAP Link, which talks about "Custom UI in BPM & Creating HTTP Destinations".

Assigning a Custom User Interface to a Task - Modeling Processes with Process Composer - SAP Library

I have created the HTTP Destination (Q12_HTTP_Destination is the name)for the SAP Gateway system, however, when I try to ping the destination, I am getting a 404 error.

Parameters I used while creating the HTTP Destination are:

URL : http://<FQDN_GatewaySystemName>:<Port>;

System Id, Client, Language and Authentication as "USer Id and Password". Except the URL Part, I am sure that all other information given in the destination is correct.

Then, following the SAP Help, I have created a sample BPM Process, then a human activity and in the UI Properties of the Task, I have given the relative URL as "{Q12_HTTP_Destination}/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/z_sri_lvl3_ui/index.html"shown below.

When I try to run the UI directly from the browser (Logon to SAP Gateway, --> SICF --> Navigate to UI application and right click --> Test Service).

However, when I open my task, BPM Task is telling me that "Unable to load the UI". I am suspecting that the URL property I used while creating the HTTP Destination is wrong. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry guys, forgot to mention, our PO Server is NW 7.31 SP12

junwu
Active Contributor
srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

Thank you so much for your reply. It was my mistake not to observe the feature availability. And your answer helped me. I have created the same HTTP Destination and deployed my process on 7.4 SP09 (7.31 SP14) server and it worked perfectly.

Just to recap:

To be able consume a custom UI deployed on a server (in my case it is SAP GW System) other than where your BPM is running, you can follow the steps I mentioned in my question and it works. Only thing we need to make sure is that our PO System is at least NW 7.31 SP 13 (NW 7.4 SP08).

Closing the thread.

Regards,

Srinivas

Answers (0)