cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile paratmeter in ECC User ID not working in MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I added profile parameter CAC=1000 in ECC for my user ID. It is working correctly in ECC but it is not working in MDG accessed through NWBC. Actually all ECC roles are used in MDH UI then any reason for parameters is not working in MDG?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With FPM (or web dynpro in general), users can right-click the field; go to user data and then select "set value as default". However, this personalization is done on a personal level and is not a parameter that you store in the user master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

But our requirment is not to defaul COAREA maually but it shpuld come with role

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the field is open for users to enter the value, then, I recommend educating them to do it themselves.

If users will not be able to maintain that value, then, you can enhance your feeder class to read the user parameter and default the value into the field in the GET_DATA method. However, if the field is open for users to change the value, I would question the added value of this solution vs. actually educating users to set defaults for themselves. Remember, they only have to do it once (setting the default that is).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

For your confirmation! I will try with my client

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

You have to set up the parameters using Define authorization relevant per entity type. Here you can define the pre-defined authorizations for the entity type.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Unable to get it. My requirement is to set up controlling area as defeult value for 1000 for business users. If we set CAC paramter as 1000 then in ECC it works fine but not in MDG.

This is my requirement

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDG-F does not process these kinds of ECC parameters.

Best regards

Michael

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael

Can't we add this value in authorizations by allowing the entity type relevant for authorization object?

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thank you for confirmation!