cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress Parameter Prompt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using "Crystal Reports for Visual Studio" version 13.0.13.1597 with C#/.Net 4.5. I'm connection to an Oracle database and I'm searching for a way to suppress the Parameter Prompt.

I'm trying to show my report in a CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer component.

In some use cases a parameter in the report is not set an it should be assumed as empty but

unfortunately in that case an entry prompt pops up to enter this parameter.

I wasn't able to suppress this prompt as I couldn't find a option to do so.

I tried to intialise all parameters with empty strings, this worked for string parameter but obviously caused errors for e.g. number types.

Can you provide me with a solution for this issue?

Attached you find two reports where this behavior occurs.

best regards

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not want the viewer to prompt, you have to supply the parameter input your self. For numeric field type you might want to pass in a NULL(?). There is a n umber of KBAs on this. Use the search string 'crystal parameter null' in the search box in the top right corner. When the results come up, filter for "SAP Notes" under Assets - left side of page.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately I wasn't able to solve my problem yet.

I tried the solution proposed in this entry SAML Response from SAP Cloud Identity

But I just get an ClrException that the ValueRangeKind Property of the parameter and the current value are no compatible. Trying to change the ValueRangeKind property beforehand wasn't able to fix this.

To provide some context to this issue:

We are porting our printing code from Delphi (CR11VCL) to .Net. The Delphi component had several properties for controlling parameter visibility.

For instance, we used

TCrpe.ReportOptions.PromptMode := UCrpe32.pmNone

(Possible values for this enum are TCrPromptMode = (pmNone, pmNormal, pmAlways))

Additionally, each parameter (TCrpeParamFieldsItem) had a property "ShowDialog" which by default we set to FALSE.

We did this also for parameters of subreports.

Were these settings completely removed in Crystal Reports .Net?

Several of our reports use subreports and parameters might be present both on the main reports and the subreports. The reports are used in several places and depending on the context different parameters might be set (and sometimes not all of them).

best regards

Johannes

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pinging this issue as I wasn't able to fix this yet.

Any other suggestion would be much appreciated.

thx

Johannes