cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compatibility issue between SAP BW BEx3.5 and Office 365

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we are using SAP BW Bex 3.5 with office 2010 and SAPGUI 720, in current environment all works fine. We have migrated our office 2010 to office 2013. Once migrated the ms office 2013 bex reports are giving error. 

. IfPlease give an alternate solution if any to work with current environment(BEx 3.5, SAPGUI 720 with MS office 2013)?

B   BEx 3.5, it is included until SAP GUI 7.20  package which is out of SAP Maintenance from April 2013. After April 2013 Customer Specific maintenance is possible with SAP.Still I haven’t got specific information with office 365 compatibility  with SAP GUI 7.20.  if there is an alternate please confirm.

SAP Note 722513 indicates  office 365 is supported by SAP GUI 730.  It is possible to use BEx 3.5 combination with SAP GUI 730 unless we go with Customer specific  SAP maintenance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member211907
Contributor
0 Kudos

As Sapna noted, Bex 3.5 has been obsolete for quite some time. Migration to Bex 7.x is not exceptionally complex, and a worthwhile thing to accomplish. It IS a rather substantial project, and depending on the number of queries you maintain, may be complex. When we migrated some years ago it took three of us about four months of work overall to accomplish.

SAP really prefers that you upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie and Sapna,

Thanks for your reply, i have checked the notes given by Sapna, I am aware it is not compatible with Bex 3.5 with SAP GUI 720 and MS office 2013.

Apart from migration and upgrade is there any alternate method available?

We are in plan to upgrde BI 3.5 to 7.0 but this might take some time. please suggest in case of alternate method available.

Regards

Satya

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please refer the following SAP Notes and check whether it helps you:

1322923 - Maintenance strategy / deadlines BW Business Explorer (BEx)
147519   Maintenance strategy / deadlines for SAP GUI

1425805  Hardware&Software requirement for BW 7.x Frontend in GUI 720

And, please note that SAP GUI 7.20 is out of maintainence as of 9th of April 2013 as per the following SAP Note:
147519 - Maintenance strategy / deadlines for SAP GUI

Thanks & Regards,

Sapna