cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0: How to run a tcode from inside another tcode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas 2.0 experts,

Use case:

run ME51N > land to a screen. Here I want to get user's inital by running su3. Is it possible to do here? I know I can first run su03, then pass the initial to ME51N, but that way is not what I want. Just want to know if one can run a tcode while running another tcode.

Thanks.

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not in Personas 2, no. But you can do this in Personas 3.

What you can do is call a WebRFC to get the information you want.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks. Can you give me more info about calling WebRFC, any docs or links? If take this example, how can I call WebRFC to get the user initial from inside ME51N?
I'v never tried that before.  Thanks!

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

SCN search is your friend...

The basics of he mechanism are described in this blog - . You'll need to change the ABAP function to do what you need. My example is already quite close, so it shouldn't be much work. You might need to ask an ABAPer if that's not you.

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

You mean you wish to run one t-code within the window of another?

Here's my suggestion:

• Generate a shortlink for the t-code SU03 from /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI.
  • Embed the shortlink within an HTML Viewer placed somewhere in ME51N.

If you don't wish to clutter your screen this way, it would be best to use WebRFC's to fetch stuff in the back ground. I've got addicted to WebRFC's and I use them for pretty much everything.

An important note that people often miss when it comes to using WebRFC's is that you must generate random strings using Math.random() and pass it to the WebRFC. This causes the WebRFC to be called each time your script is run, preventing stale data.