cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UoM Decimal Allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

My Requirement is to have UoM decimal allowed i.e. EA or PKT will be allowed in decimals,but will be restricted to specific transactions for reporting purpose.Can this be achieved??

Kindly give your valuable inputs for the same.

With Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe it is right there like you want to use it.

Any unit, any, automatically accepts movements with 3 decimals, even it is customized in CUNI to display 0 decimals

This will lead to the effect that you have a fraction of 0.125 EA in your inventory tables, but the user is seeing 0 in most screens.

This is of course very confusing, hence you should be very careful when you maintain materials with such units. It should be materials that naturally cannot exist in fractions except they are broken and should be scrapped. Example  Steering wheel, 1EA.   or a car, 1 EA. I have never seen a half car driving by (except in a 007 movie)

Using a for example EA as a base unit for a pack which itself has 10 boxes within is not good practice except you really move the boxes from to another material master if you open the pack to ensure that you never have a broken pack in stock.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

S/PP,

Good luck with your concept "....restricted to specific transactions for reporting purpose....".  I hope you have a lot of time and a lot of programming resources available to make this happen.

U/M is fundamental.  It pervades any transaction and report that utilizes 'quantity', including those where U/M may not be obvious.  I suggest you do not change U/M for any standard (SAP delivered) objects; unless you have a very compelling reason.  Better to create a custom U/M and then introduce it as required.

Best Regards,

DB49

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to be cautious while selecting UoM. Logically each means 1 complete quantity but not 1.25 EA (until unless there is different definition). We define decimals in CUNI transaction.

I would suggest you to explain your requirement in detail with right example considering above also.

My Requirement is to have UoM decimal allowed i.e. EA or PKT will be allowed in decimals,but will be restricted to specific transactions for reporting purpose.Can this be achieved??

Regards

Rahul