cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.1 SP 6 Update - Any key issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am planning to deploy SP6 on our systems this weekend.

has anyone already applied it ?

Please let me know if you have identified any key issues.

Based on our sandbox system testing,  update is smooth . Only issue we had was that tomcat did not start  after update due to max and initial heap

size difference. After fixing,it worked fine.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to take a back up of your CMS database and your filestore, after that check your free disc space and RAM, finally install SP6

Regards,

Amani

antonette_oberholster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Guys

We are planning to upgrade to SP6 (from 4.1 SP4) next week. Are there any other issues you guys have picked up?

We use webi scheduling, is the parameter issue fixed in patch 1?

Regards

Antonette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonette,

Refer the below PDF for known issues in 4.1 SP6-

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100011271372015E/sbo41sp6_rel_restric_en.pdf

Regards,

Rajshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to update to SP6 as well, and besides of what other have said here, I found another post that when they installed SP6, the job server lost all of its destinations and it went back to their default configurations instead of keeping the updated properties.

And also an issue with openDocument found here:

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=230292&highlight=opendocument

Any other issues anybody have seen?

Thanks,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are still stuck with SP 6  testing, issues and fixes.

Here are the keys issues  which is stopping us to move forward

1. When you export webi reports to pdf,  last row results are breaking. SAP confirmed issue in SP6, fix included in Patch 1

2. While viewing reports in ipad, some of non english characters are displayed as English. SAP confirmed fix is included in patch 1

3. Web Services -  AND operation is converting to OR operating while running web services query. Waiting for SAP ...

Thank You !

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I came to find out that Report Conversion Tool is messed up in SP06 - to be fixed asap in Patch6.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Update completed  successfully.

Here are our findings and testing is still in progress

1. Tomcat heap needs to be adjusted after update

2. Format change in couple of reports (  characters are truncated in table)

3. On Ipad, english character is displayed at some places on a report in japanese lang. Same report on launchpad is good.

For 2 and 3, we need to reach out to SAP support.

Thanks!

paolobianchi
Explorer
0 Kudos

What do you mean exactly for "Tomcat heap adjustment"? Thank yur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Everyone...

I will update my findings on Monday.

We are applying SP6 on a server with BI 4.1 SP 3 and DS 4.2

former_member226862
Participant
0 Kudos

I run into issue that WEBI parameters were not retained when rescheduling WEBI report and I need to modify parameters. I logged SAP Incident and I am waiting for call back.

former_member226862
Participant
0 Kudos

I got response from SAP. It's a know issue. There is more info about it in SAP Notes 0002179010 and 0002179944. Issue should be fixed in SP07.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is also the 'release restrictions' / known issues document here : https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100008805452015E/sbo41sp6_rel_restric_en.pdf

Regards,

H

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

The only issues we had after upgrading to BI 4.1 SP6 (from BI 4.1 SP5 Patch 5) was the following:

• The CrystalReportsProcessingServer failed to start/restart. This occurred on our Development, Quality and Production systems.

The cause was that some command line parameters were missing after the upgrade, solution was to add "-documentType CrystalEnterprise.Report" to the end in the command line parameter.

Reference to the solution is in SAP Note: 2180731 - CrystalReportsProcessingServer fails to start/restart in BI4.x

• Tomcat did not start due to the max and initial heap settings

On our Development system we apply the upgrade as is with no changes to any settings to determine what issue can occur so we can prepare ourselves for the Quality and Production system upgrades to avoid these issues.

On our Quality and Production systems we first reset the max and initial heap settings to default values then apply the upgrade and afterwards set the values correctly.

Currently our Production system is running 1.5 weeks with no issues so far with BI 4.1 SP6.

Regards

Derek