cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing ENGFACADE into TRACK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to Import ENGFACADE into a development track.

It finished with Errors.

Please find the log files attached.

ENGFACADE is defined as dependency in software component.

The reason why I need it is JCO functionality.

Greets, Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering as if SAP-JEE would be a 70X SC and not a one that is available as of 71X.

Is it possible that you have SAP-JEE available in the buildspace already?
Perhaps the DC names are having name intersection when it comes to SAP-JEE and ENGFACADE (same DC name available in both of the SCs even though they are from different releases), and I assume this is causing a problem.

Error! The following error occurred during request processing: DC 'sap.com/jaas' is already active in the compartment 'SAP-JEE' and cannot be activated in the compartment 'ENGFACADE'

Error! The following error occurred during request processing: DC 'sap.com/jaxm' is already active in the compartment 'SAP-JEE' and cannot be activated in the compartment 'ENGFACADE'

Error! The following error occurred during request processing: DC 'sap.com/jaxrpc' is already active in the compartment 'SAP-JEE' and cannot be activated in the compartment 'ENGFACADE'

As Milen pointed out, sending the notes above, like service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1572743 there are certain SCs you can use for 740 development, and I am wondering why the logs are referring to SAP-JEE that should not be part of any 740 tracks (as it is from a lower release, from the 70X family).

Perhaps a buildspace reset (and a new import of all 740 related SCs) would help:

(NWDI)(CBS) How to "reset" CBS buildspaces - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SC...

Cheers,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I think you're right, unfortunately there are 7.0 SCAs imported!

This is current System state.

Is it possible to delete single entries there?

Cheers,

Mario

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try to trigger "Restore System State" (on your release there must be a button on Development and Consolidation tab called "Restore...") and then reimport the components. If that does not solve the problem, then build space reset should do the trick.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

thanks. I was able to reimport all related 7.40 SCA files following build space reset. But the 7.0 still remained.

Do you know another possiblity to delete them?

Best regards,

Mario

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Why not try create another develoment track. But first correct your configuraiton in SLD  and then import it in CMS and proceed as you have done so far.

I believe you will save time and efforts.

Regards

Milen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milen,

thanks, I'll give it a try right now as it seems there is no simple way to remove 7.0 SCAs.

Reason for trying to rescue this TRACK: there are already changes made - and some of them deployed just fine. I'll assamble it and export it as SCA just to be sure. That's the common way, right?

Best regards,

Mario

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You cannot delete them one by one, but you can try the buildspace reset as I referred to it previously:

(NWDI)(CBS) How to "reset" CBS buildspaces - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SC...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, but hat did not work at all.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it worked from that point of view that you managed to import all (and only) 740 related SCs.

Do you still face broken DC issues, or "everything is green" ?

Thank you and Regards,

Ervin

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

It was just suggestion to create a new track.

I would like you to know that most probably you will not be able to assemble the SCA in this formation unless you change some settings before the assemble step.

You will have to at least uncheck the 'Broken DC option'. Of course if there are unresolved Repository Conflicts, and you still would like to assemble it, you will have to uncheck this option as well. I am just mentioning this in case you do insist on continue to Assembly in such state of the track. Even if you assemble it the old versions will stay in the resulted SCA.

If I were you I would start the troubleshooting from the very begining. I would have gone in SLD and would have checked whehter the correct versions SC dependencies in for the compoenent are set. This would be very true for your custom SC and the defined dependecies.

After this (when everything is fine in SLD) I would delete and add the configuration in the CMS. In this way the data would be synchronized between SLD<>CMS. The provided screenshot displayed that the CMS data for your custom SC is out of sync with the SLD (the red dot). So most probably something is not OK in the SLD which has been tranfered to CMS and when you have triggered the import the old versions became available in CBS. (Please use the 'All Software Component' filter in Lanscape Configurator not only 'Developed SC' for checking out that the correct version dependecies are defined in the track)

After that I would go for restore Buildspace as Ervin propose. This should re-import the correct versions in the CBS.

The last option if the problem still persists to try out - Initializing the Buildspace. After that reimport the correct development track configuraiton.

Before making any of this please do not forget to ask developers to backup their developments.

Regards

Milen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Milen,
Thank you Ervin,

I got it. Sorry, you were right Ervin!

Cheers,

Mario

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Günter,

I am glad to hear it helped. 

I also gave some points to Milen as I believe he was also very helpful.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect! I was searching a button to give you both an accepted answer 

Good Day!

Mario

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

What is the version of SAP-JEE and ENGFACADE?

What kind of Development Configuration you have set up? What is the type of the application you will develop? Have you observed the required SCA for different types of applications in SAP notes:

1465468   Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.1 Track 

1463541   Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.2 Track 

1457908   Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.3 Track 

1572743   Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.31 Track and 7.40
Track 

Some screenshots of your develoment configuration in CMS>Landscape Configurator would cast some more light.

There are reported broken DCs. Would you please have a look on this TroubleShooting Guide and try to find the type of them...

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29%28CBS%29+the+CBS-make+log+and-or+CBS+Web+UI+...

Regards

Milen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milen,

for now I just attached some more screenshots about the CMS config.

I'll try to give you Feedback about Point 2 asap!!

Regards,

Mario