cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visual studio v9, using VB, Load report failed , comexception 0x80004005

Former Member
0 Kudos

after an upgrade from iis6 to IIS 7 on a new 2008R2 server 64 bit , crystal 10.5 - 64 bit installed, using asp.net 2.0, I have a existing webapp that uses a crystal viewer - com exception 0x80004005 - no matter what report is selected, although I have another existing asp.net 2.0 application on the same server that is able to run its crystal reports.

We tried installing the 32 bit version and uninstalling the 64 bit and have settled on trying to get the 64 bit version working, removing the 32 bit version.  Here is the stack trace.  Thanks for an advice.  Dennis

CrystalDecisions.Shared.CrystalReportsException: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): The system cannot find the path specified.    at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

at MfvReportDashboard.ReportViewer.GetReportsByDivisionCenter(String SelectedCenter, String SelectedDivision, String CenterTxt, String DivisionTxt, String ReportFileName)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis

Load report failed error is pretty well invariably due to incorrect path being provided for the report load or permissions issues - may be on the directory the report is in or the temp directory used by the process. Please use the search string 'crystal net load failed' in the search box in top right corner, than filter for "SAP Notes" under asserts - left side of page.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm in serious trouble with Crystal report, let my doubts now: I have a C # application made in visual studio 2012 professinal, I have several reports created in Crystal Report. The development machine (Clipboard) wheel all little beauty. I did the installation setup with innosetup, installed in your client, all rada perfect, until you click the button to view the report. He opens the report, but crashes the system, and gives the following msg:

Description: Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Sistema.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 558c43d4

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17932

Fault Module Timestamp: 503275ba

Exception Code: e0434352

Exception Offset: 0000d3cf

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

locale ID: 1046

Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0416

If the online privacy statement is not available, read our privacy statement offline: C: \ Windows \ system32 \ en-US \ erofflps.txt

I am using the CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_12 version of crystal report, and the fremework 4.5. Already tested on various machines and problem remains. What am I doing wrong? Can you help me?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you installing the SDK on the client machines?  You can't just add the SDK .dll files to your installation.  Instead you MUST install the SDK runtime through one of the runtime installs that you can find here:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824.  Be sure to get the SP13 runtime to match the design-time SDK that you developed with.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. I used fuslogvw to know which DLL is missing and is giving this error menssage,

f ***** Log Entry of the Assembly Binder (06/30/2015 @ 08:12:41) ***

The operation failed. Association Results: hr = 0x80131040. No description available.

Assemblies manager charged with: C: \ Windows \ Microsoft.NET \ Framework \ v4.0.30319 \ clr.dll Running under executable C: \ System \ SisEco.exe - The following is a detailed error log.

=== State information pre-association === LOG: DisplayName = msvcm80, Version = 8.0.50727.4940, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b03f5f7f11d50a3a (Fully-specified) LOG: AppBase = file: /// C: / System / LOG: Initial privatePath = NULL LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL LOG: Cache Base = NULL LOG: AppName = SisEco.exe

Calling assembly: (Unknown).

LOG: this association starts in default load context. LOG: Using application configuration file: C: \ System \ SisEco.exe.Config LOG: Using host configuration file: LOG: Using the configuration file of the machine C: \ Windows \ Microsoft.NET \ Framework \ v4. 0.30319 \ config \ machine.config. LOG: Post-policy reference: msvcm80, Version = 8.0.50727.4940, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b03f5f7f11d50a3a LOG: the research of GAC was not successful. LOG: trying to download of new URL file: /// C: /Sistema/msvcm80.DLL. LOG: Download the assembly was successful. Trying configuration file: C: \ System \ msvcm80.dll LOG: entering the setup phase run from the source. LOG: the assembly name is: msvcm80, Version = 8.0.50727.4927, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b03f5f7f11d50a3a AVI: the assembly name of comparison resulted in mismatch: Revision Number ERR: the assembly reference did not match the localized assembly definition . ERR: failure at configuration time run from the origin with hr = 0x80131040. ERR: Failed to complete assembly configuration (hr = 0x80131040). Probing closed.

* Log Entry of the Assembly Binder (30/06/2015 @ 08:12:41) *

The operation failed. Association Results: hr = 0x80131040. No description available.

Assemblies manager charged with: C: \ Windows \ Microsoft.NET \ Framework \ v4.0.30319 \ clr.dll Running under executable C: \ System \ SisEco.exe - The following is a detailed error log.

=== State information pre-association === LOG: DisplayName = msvcm80, Version = 8.0.50727.4940, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b03f5f7f11d50a3a (Fully-specified) LOG: AppBase = file: /// C: / System / LOG: Initial privatePath = NULL LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL LOG: Cache Base = NULL LOG: AppName = SisEco.exe

Calling assembly: (Unknown).

LOG: this association starts in default load context. LOG: Using application configuration file: C: \ System \ SisEco.exe.Config LOG: Using host configuration file: LOG: Using the configuration file of the machine C: \ Windows \ Microsoft.NET \ Framework \ v4. 0.30319 \ config \ machine.config. LOG: Post-policy reference: msvcm80, Version = 8.0.50727.4940, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b03f5f7f11d50a3a LOG: the research of GAC was not successful. LOG: trying to download of new URL file: /// C: /Sistema/msvcm80.DLL. LOG: Download the assembly was successful. Trying configuration file: C: \ System \ msvcm80.dll LOG: entering the setup phase run from the source. LOG: the assembly name is: msvcm80, Version = 8.0.50727.4927, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b03f5f7f11d50a3a AVI: the assembly name of comparison resulted in mismatch: Revision Number ERR: the assembly reference did not match the localized assembly definition . ERR: failure at configuration time run from the origin with hr = 0x80131040. ERR: Failed to complete assembly configuration (hr = 0x80131040). Probing closed **

The runtime version of the crystal report I am using is this: CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_12

Former Member
0 Kudos

After breaking his head and almost getting crazy,

found out what caused the error.

The ODBC data source was configured only for "User Data Source".

It was not until I switch to "Source system data" that everything running smoothly.

Answers (0)