cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption of forecasted PIRs at primary plant by subsidary locations' sales orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am seeking advice regarding SAP configuration in order to have our subsidiary sales locations' sales demand also consume the forecast (Planned Independent Requirements) at the primary sales office location where the forecast resides.

Our original objective was to determine how to cause STO's (Stock Transfer Orders) to consume the PIRs, but saw some posts stating that the above solution made more sense.

We would still need the STO's to drive purchases, but we need the subs sales demand to consume the forecast.

Best regards,

Bert Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bert

Basically, you don't need to use stock transfers to consume the forecast on another plant, you just need to use a strategy of planning with a planning material. Here, you can define that the planning material is on a different plant, therefore, a sales order on plant A can consume a PIR on plant B.

If you are working with stock transfers, it is also possible to consume PIRs on the supplying plant, however, you cannot plan with a planning material. In this case, you should use another strategy, such as strategy 40. I suggest you to see question 5 of note 772856 for more details. See also note 1819952.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Can you clarify a bit more ?

We need all of our subsidiary offices' sales orders to consume the forecast at the main location from  which they order, using STOs.

So, we see both their STO's and their sales orders in our system, but neither of them are consuming the forecast.

Another one of our locations went live on August 1st, and they are the one that STO's the most stock from us, so there is a big potential for us to double drive on MANY high quantity/value items.

Your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Regards,

Bert Martin

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bert,

If I understand your scenario correctly, you want the stock transfer order to consume the PIR.

In this case I would request you to check the movement type configuration for the movement type you are using for the stock transfer order using transaction OMJJ as shown in screenshot below,

I am sorry if I did not understand your problem correctly

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Bert

There are several possible causes for problems on the PIR consumption and it's hard to tell why the PIRs are not consumed. I suggest you to read the previously suggested notes 772856 and 1819952.

You can also find useful consulting and FAQ notes on the document below:

Regards

Caetano