cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent 401.1 Error When Refreshing Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are seeing intermittent 401 errors (The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Negotiate'.)

This error is not at all consistent.  A user can generate queries all day long and then will get the error message.  The error doesn't occur on a specific report, in a specific model, or with a specific data intersection.  The error happens with all users accessing the environment.  The error also occurs in two different environments.

The error seems to correspond to a loss of communication in the IIS communication process.  The IIS log indicates that a 401 error is generated when the client losses connectivity (the fully qualified user ID and IP address of the client are no longer passed to the application from the client and only the IP address is passed to the application).

Given how intermittent the error is, my inclination is to suspect that the application installation has become corrupted somehow, as system settings would most likely not result in inconsistent error messaging.

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So after lots of trouble shooting it came down to someone tried to manually rename an environment during the installation of a test environment (rename a restored copy of the production environment).

When they did this some of the tables and connections didn't get renamed.  When we deleted the original environment the referenced tables no longer existed.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. We are using BPC 10.0

2. There is an error in the tbllogs that corresponds to the event: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Negotiate'.

To expand on the issue, we receive the error in both the Excel client and the admin client (same error).  Upon original install we saw no issue.  Based on the behavior I believe that it is a configuration issue with IIS (or other network setting).  I say this because we have tried multiple Excel client versions and the error in the admin client is received when trying to read the .lgf files.  Not when trying to validate and save, not when debugging, but just when trying to read the .lgf (clicking on it to preview what is saved on the application server).

I'm curious to see if anyone has seen a similar issue where they have intermittent connectivity issues.  We cannot reproduce this error on command, but if a template us used to send data, 1 in 20 or so sends results in an error.

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Brian,

what's your BPC version? BPC 7.5 or BPC 10.0.

Have you see any error in table tbllogs when the issue happens?

Charlie