cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing user cache in 7.40 portal?

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks - We just completed a fresh install of 7.40 portal (we have been using 7.02 portal up until now).

In 7.02 portal we had the ability to clear/invalidate user cache using the following path:

System Administration > Support > User Management > Cache Monitor if UME objects

Here we can specify a userid and invalidate the cache just for this user (see screenshot).

Does this type of functionality exist in 7.40 portal?  If so please show me how to access.  I cannot find it in portal or NWA.

Thanks!  Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

herman_lin
Participant
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/45/77e32308d072ace10000000a1553f7/content.htm
Hi Jeff,

I do believer you are seeking for the method of refreshing UME cache/User caches for a particular user . Please refer to above online help link which is specified for NW7.4 only. Kindly take note the same way that is working on 7.02 is no longer working for NW7.4 anymore.

To refresh cache for a particular user, click Invalidate Local Instance Caches.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Herman
SAP

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jun and Herman for your assistance!  Best Regards - Jeff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what cache you are looking?

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jun - this is an excellent resource. However, I am searching for a way to invalidate the UME cache for an individual user. 7.02 portal had this capability,  I so far have not been able to find the same in 7.40 portal.

Best Regards - Jeff

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this.  seems there is no option for specific user.

Refreshing the User Caches of the AS Java - Identity Management - SAP Library