cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse Handling Unit assigned to shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our clients wants to be able to unpack a shipment level HU and use the same HU on a different shipment. In standard SAP, once a HU is assigned to shipment the "Delete Assignment" button in VT02N is disabled. If the HU is deleted, the assignment of the shipment number still shows up in VEKP table. Can someone please let me know why the "Delete Assignment" option is disabled in shipment level? Also, is there any workaround to make the HU usable on another shipment?

Thanks,

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tusar

What I got on your query , you want to re use your unpack HU number with another shipment , but system will not allow you to do this because if IF HU assigned in any object , its not allow you further .

but another thing , if HU  will be deleted from assignment  , it will be deleted from also the table VEKP

And HU delete assignment is looking gray in shipment , VT01N & VT02N , If I am not wrong but you can see HU delete assignment in delivery level .its visible .

So , will you just elaborate it with screen shot for further check

Regards

Dillesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. We have debugged and determined that a HU at shipment level cannot be reused on a different as per standard. Anyway, we have found a function module which can be used to delete the assignment and will be making use of that.

Thanks,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you say please , which function module u are going to use & how it will effect in business .

Regards

Dillesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have used FM V51P_DELETE_RELATIONSHIP to delete the assignment and make the HU reusable on a different shipment. It is working as expected for the client.

Thanks,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your storage location WM and HUM managed, Or it is only IM HUM or just using HU number range for shipment.

Smit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The storage location is just WM managed. HUM is not activated but we use the HU number ranges for creating pallets and nesting.

Tushar