cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design2008 impacting bsp display and rendering time

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going through upgrade to ECC 7.0 and are attempting to pick up Chrome support for our bsps.  So, I have converted my bsps to Design2008. Things have (obviously) changed in the look and feel, but also performance.  I don't see many posts regarding Design2008, so I'm hoping I can get some feedback from others.  There seems to be hardly any threads on Design2008, and none which tell the deprecations or changes between 2003 and 2008 (unlike 2002 to 2003). Is no one using it?

Here are some of the things we have encountered...any ideas?

- Editable inputfields created with CL_HTMLB_INPUTFIELD=>FACTORY are now displaying with the same blue background as disabled inputfields.

- xhtmlb:protectDoubleSubmit no longer appears as a popup box.  The text just appears in a clear background, so it's overlaid on the screen contents.

- Significant lag time loading pages, especially the first load of the bsp - apps that took 3 seconds previously are now taking around 15 seconds.  It would appear to be rendering time, since the browser just displays an all-white screen.

- Any html tags added in phtmlb:messageBar no longer render (ex. <B> for bold), now it just displays the tag itself.

- items created with phtmlb:formLayout (Item/InputField) are now displaying a colon after the label.  It's irritating because it's adding the colon even if the item has no label.  How can we remove it?

Thanks so much in advance!

Lisa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lisa,

We are experiencing the same issue in Design2008 with table iteration fields displaying in the 'disabled' blue even though they are enabled.  We have an incident at SAP development regarding this and I will inform you of the outcome.

In the meantime, were you able to find a resolution?

Kind Regards,

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply.  We have a ticket open with SAP as well.  It's been very slow moving...almost 20 days now and still not resolved.  I can respond back if/when we get this figured out.

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Did any of you ever resolve this? We have the exact same isue and have a message open with SAP. They are replying quickly but have yet to propose any kind of solution.

Thanks a lot,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Further to that I meant we have the same issue with CL_HTMLB_INPUTFIELD=>FACTORY and xhtmlb:protectDoubleSubmit. Not overly bothered about the second for now, but the input field is quite important, it's very confusing for users.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

We ended up having to change the way we added the fields in the iterator.  Here's a sample code to see the before and after.

Old:

P_REPLACEMENT_BEE =

CL_HTMLB_INPUTFIELD=>FACTORY( VALUE =  M_ROW_REF->MANUAL_HOURS

_VALUE    = P_CELL_BINDING

ALIGNMENT = 'RIGHT'

DISABLED = V_DISABLED ).

New:

data:  col_inputfield TYPE REF TO cl_htmlb_inputfield.

CREATE OBJECT col_inputfield.

col_inputfield->id = p_cell_id.

col_inputfield->value = get_column_value( column_name = p_column_key ).

p_isreadonly = v_disabled.

col_inputfield->ifur_d08_inputfield~enabled = 'X'. " Design2008

p_replacement_bee     = col_inputfield.

Hope that helps!

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, that worked. You didn't get a solution to xhtmlb:protectDoubleSubmit did you? It's nowhere near as important as the inputfield though, thanks again.

gabriel_candrian
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Lisa

I have also converted some BSPs to Design2008 this week and have encountered only some minor issues. My BSPs are running on a NW 7.31 SP11 BI-System in IE10 with quirks mode.

For my part, the only "layout" issue are that the "submitOnEnter" for the inputfields doesn't work anymore but there is a note for that. Also the <phtmlb:horizontalDivider> ignores the attribute "hasRule" and always displays the ruler. Checking the code reveals that SAP simply forgot to map this attribute to the corresponding new interface attribute. I have not found a note for this particular issue.

Performance-wise i have not encountered any problems. About your loading times: are you using table views with a lot of (or all) rows rendered? Especially the rendering of checkboxes or other controls in large table view will kill your performance.

The xhtmlb:protectDoubleSubmit works properly. I am using a Z-Variant from the phtmlb:formLayout inheriting from its classes. The labels are rendered correctly. You'll find the code where the label is added in Method IFUR_D2_MATRIXLAYOUTROW~CELLS_NEXT of class CL_PHTMLB_FORMLAYOUT at row 119. Maybe you'll find a hint by debugging...

In general, there are several notes available concerning the layout problems using Design2008 - especially notes for the unified rendering (at least for my system). Searching for notes for the component BC-BSP or with the term "design2008" concerning your system could help. Maybe it could be easier to ligt your system to the newest SP-Level.

Good luck and regards

Gabriel