cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Chart in Dashboards- QAAWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Month filter in my Web service query. When building a line chart in SAP dashboards. When I select month Apr. I want the data /line chart to show Jan-Apr. If I select May.. show Jan-May.

Appreciate your help.

Thank You

Veena M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

+1 for Suman's idea provided you are working with a date object.

If your month dimension is not of type date the filter will not interpret the condition as expected. Would be easier to set up the logic at the universe level.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case I would request you to create a prompt on month with between option. So that you can hard code the value or you can just write the formula for jan till which month it should be in the "from"  value. In the "to" value as you said you can pass the filter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Thank you for response.  See attached screenshot.  I picked Jun in my filter,but the chart shows data all the way to December.

Ideally, it should show data only upto June for 2014 & 2015.  Hope this makes sense. I guess my question is how do I map data to cells in excel for this logic to work

Thank You

Veena

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are complicating yourself, this is very simple approach to bind those values. Get the year from the =year(today() or now()) function in excel level and get the previous year as well. Now concatenate the "JUN" with current year & previous year. Assume that you have created between prompts for the calmonth, now pass those values in it. check the trigger cell once.

Send me a test mail, if you cannot achieve it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suman,

How do I send you test mail?

Thank You

Veena

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get the email id from my profile page.