Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Attachments in SAP EM

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have certain scenarios where the external parties will attach documents against the events via WebUI. I have configured the standard

field of attribute "ATTACHMENT" & it is displaying as desired in the WebUI as well & file is getting uploaded too.

However the external parties need to attach multiple documents against a event.I tried adding another field of type attachment but its not reflecting in WebUI.Also the option of attaching multiple files after compressing them as a single ZIP file is not advisable by the BASIS/SECURITY team.

Kindly suggest as what can be done to incorporate such a requirement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

The following configuration has been done:

field 1:

field 2:

Assigned to User Profile against the Event Code-Delay:

WebUI

system isnt identifying the second field of attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Ideally, it should accept more than attachment.  We need to find out whether EM Attribute ID restricted one attachment per event message in the program.

Create SAP OSS message and ask support why it is restricted to only one on SAP EM WebUI.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

technically you can only attach one attachment. If you need more you must send multiple events.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Why technically restrict to report only one attachment per event?  If clients want to report an event with multiple documents, then it would not possible.

SAP has to give a flexibility to attach more than one attachment in a event message.

Could you take this up and give us OSS message or add it in next release.

Regards

GGOPII

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Is there any enhancement or BADI available by which we can add another field?

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

i will forward it as Dev Request.

But in the UI this would cause some changes.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

unfortunately not. The whole logic is at the moment restricted to have only one attachment per Event Message.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen...

Let us know once it is developed through SAP OSS message or next release.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I believe, we can attach more than one attachment in a event in different fields when you report a event.

1. Are all configured field differentiate the fields names like Z_ATTACHMENT1, Z_ATTACHMENT2, Z_ATTACHMENT2 etc and assigned EM Attribute ID as Attachments.

2. The configured fields should reflect precise parameter mapping.

3. Have you configured second field in user profile in Web Transactions.

I didn't see anyone compress all the files in ZIP and Unzip later when they report the event so far.  It would be a security concern on Virus check in SAP side.

Regards

GGOPII