Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Based Authorization

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are sending the link to external parities in case of various alerts & the external party is supposed to use the link provided in the

alert & report such events.

We are having around 6 events of which only 2 are relevant for external parties.I would like to restrict the external parties from

reporting/attaching documents against the other 4 events which are not applicable for them.

Can we do the same with authorization control?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Gopi.I will contact the BASIS team for the same.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

authorization profile is only for the purpose if a user can see an EH or not.

For your requirement Filter Profiles are available.

In SPRO:

Event Management

Authorizations and Filters

Define Filter Profiles

With Filter Profiles you can restrict what a user can see inside an EH e.g. only certain events.

Best regards,

Steffen

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

I have checked the filter profiles functionality as suggested by you.However i am unable to filter the event codes or neither am i able to make the actual event date/time/zone in display.

Also the condition table has only EH HEADER values & does not have activity code = "XYZ".

This is what i configured.

assigned the role to the user. However the fields are still in the editable mode while i try to report the events in the WebUI.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check filter profile OBP20_WM_SUPPLIER:

It filters out event codes

GR

UNLOADING

You must use Row restriction not field restriction as you want to filter out a complete line from the table.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

you can control display details of EH using filter profile , you can't control the event reporting items based on the user with generic event WebUI profile .  below possible options are viable to execute the user based event reporting.

Alternative 1

1) create new generic EM WebUI profile for external  event reporting partners(carrier)

I) create two different authorization group and assign it to authorization profile then assign the profile to  EH type

II) create two different security role and assign  one to internal user and second one to external  partner user

III) Assign the security role to external event reporting user and assign the  EM WebUI profile with required event reporting items.

by this approach you have to create new security role  when you bring the new event reporting partner in EM (application system parameter ) and you may have to create different EM webUI profile if event reporting items are different for various partners.

Alternative 2

Create enhancement in FM /SAPTRX/UC_GET_USERPROFILE and define the custom table with user and event reporting items,  and delete the irrelevant event reporting items based on the custom table user and selection profile

Cheers,

Sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You can copy /SAPTRX/SAP_EM_USER role and create a custom role according to your need.

Give this custom role to those external parties which you want to restrict to report the event.

The authorization profile only useful, if you want to restrict and change system, control and info parameters.

Regards

GGOPII