Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control cycles/Supply Areas question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a one of the location in one of our plant and it's warehouse managed

I am reading something on the SAP help for control cycles:

A control cycle defines the relationship between the demand source (such as a production line in production) and the supply source (such as an external supplier or warehouse).

I am looking for a documentation on how to use control cycles/supply areas.

there are things already setup with this customer( LPK2 and PK05) but how can the materials get push to demand area?

Thanks,

neo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neo,

Control cycle is a very important master data when it comes to material staging. If we consider only PP module, control cycles are used in WM-PP integration as well as in PP KANBAN cycle. Both are completely different master data but the purpose stays the same i.e material staging. It has details of Demand source & Supply Source. LPK1 is to create Control cycle for WM and PK01 to create control cycle for KANBAN.

You have mentioned LPK1 so I believe you want to know about material staging via WM control cycle.

Please check below wiki link on details of WM-PP interface, it shows how the demand flows from production to WM

WM-PP Interface for Pick Parts Material Staging - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

also refer to below link for more details on complete documentation on WM - PP interface

WM-PP Interface - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (0)