cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've checked all the options in the account setting --> email.

But, I don't know why there's no email notification that can be sent to the mail server in my company.

Email notification never works. For example, if someone comments or post something in group, we should receive an email notification about that. But, those email notifications never reach our mail server.

We've tried to check the mail server several times, and there's nothing.

So, I tried another option to check. I send mobile setup instruction from SAP Jam to my email account with my company domain, it never reach my company's mail server.

But, if I send mobile setup instruction from SAP Jam to for example, my gmail account, it's always successfully sent and received (in seconds).

Anyone has suggestion to solve this problem?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esther,

We have seen this happen when there are problems reaching your mail server.  A few things can trigger this:

1.) Aggressive spam filtering can sometimes inadvertently block messages from Jam as junk mail.

2.) Sometimes there are issues with the DNS settings for your mail server that prevent Jam from being able to send correctly.

3.) Sometimes the email notification settings for the user are set to "none" for the Group.  You can check this by going to the Group home page, and clicking the small people icon in the top right corner near the Group name. 

One other thing to consider: even when set to "immediate" notifications, emails still queue for 10 minutes in Jam before being sent out.

I hope that helps!  If you're still encountering problems, let me know, and I can send instructions on how to open a service request so we can investigate the issue you're seeing further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for your answer!

I've checked:

1. There's no spam filter that block messages from Jam.

2. The DNS setting is fine. We even already tried to explicitly allow sapjam.com in the setting.

3. I've set to immediate for all the notif. And the email notification cannot work not only for group notification. It also doesn't work for all kinds of Jam's notifications that should be sent to user's email.

Any other idea why this happen?

And how to open a service request?

Thanks a lot

Ingo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Esther,

every SAP customer has dedicated internal support contacts who are authorized to create a case in our support system. The SAP support system can be accessed at http://support.sap.com .

To raise an incident for SAP Jam  you have to select "Report an incident" and then "Report a SuccessFactors incident".

In case you don't have access to the support system by yourselve you first have to identify a support contact in your company. If you need help to identify the appropriate support contact of your company, please don't hesitate to send me a quick personal email including your company name and company ID in SAP Jam/BizX to ingo.schulz@sap.com and I could try to find out some key contacts for your company to help you identify a support contact.

Thanks,

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an update to Ester's inquiry, regarding not receiving Jam Email Notifications?

We are pursuing the same issue with our support contacts, but aren't making any progress. 

Our Mail Administrators have joined the conversation and confirmed that spam filtering and DNS settings are correct.  It appears the messages are never reaching our perimeter. 

To further confuse the issue, some notifications are sent and received. But not by our most experienced users who make up our corporate university and IT support teams.

Was this issue resolved for Esther, or is this a product flaw being addressed for all of SAP's Jam customers?

Thank you for the time and support.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

As suggested by Ingo, I raised an incident to SAP Jam support, and they have helped me a lot through the process.

I suggest you to raise the incident because that case can be happened because of several reasons.

In my case, it's because "spoofing" things (I don't really know the technical things about that), but as far as I know, our mail server treated the email notification from SAP Jam as spoofing, so it cannot reach our mail server. And I asked for error log from SAP Jam's side, then from those errors, our IT team could track the problem and add the trust certification for all the email from SAP Jam.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Esther,

We will continue to pursue our support case with SAP.

We've been monitoring traffic and it doesn't appear any of the JAM Emails are being quarantined due to spoofing or email filtering.  Some emails are being delivered successfully, but not all.

Thanks for replying.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome. Hope your case can be solved very soon.