Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No valid BOM exists

former_member218053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

When attempting to create a process order It showing an error which states "No valid BOM exists"  "Do you want to explode a BOM for a different material?"

I've checked BOM & Production version and the status for my BOM are correct and active.  The validity dates are also correct.

Anyone can help me to find out of this cause

Reagrds

Jinto Joy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jayaganapathy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in  spro

1)  order type  dependent parameters -  bom selection id for the new  plant

2) selection id : which type of bom given priority

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

Whats the order start date in process order. The chances are that BOM is created for new plant but process order start date is in past (before BOM creation date).

What is the selection menthod maintained in MRP 4 under BOM explosion ?

Regards,

Rohit

Message was edited by: Rohit Singh

former_member218053
Participant
0 Kudos

Im creating process order for today..my bom validity starts from 01.01.2015 to 31.12.9999

no selection method maintained in MRP 4. Rest of the plants also not maintained selection method ..

I have this issue with new plants only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

Order start date is the BOM explosion date if you are not using BOM explosion numbers. From your reply I understand order start date is today (NOT the order finish date). Because if you are creating order today but Order start date goes beyond 01.01.2015, then system will not explode BOM.

Is there any plant specific status key maintained in MRP1 ? Since its working it other plants I believe you would have compared material master already.

When you say you have issue with new plant, is it related to all materials in that plant or a specific one. If its for all materials then there could be some issue with customizing at plant level or if its related to a single material then definitely master data.

Regards,

Rohit

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello J J

There are number of reason to not select the BOM in Prod order.

Request you to go tthrough below document and check all the valid point of BOM Selection in MRP.

and compare with your system.

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/manufacturing-pp/blog/2015/06/03/bom-selection-in-mrp

I hope this information helpful to you

Regards

Umesh Mali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J J,

Could you compare the "BOM Explosion" settings for the new plants (which has problems) with the existing ones in the transaction OMIW.

Br,

Raghu

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check following:

• Check the BOM usage whether its allowed for production or not.
  • Check BOM status (in header of the BOM), it should have a status as released
  • Check the explosion date in the order & compare the same with BOM's validity date (it should be earlier then BOM explosion in order)
  • Check if you have lot size maintained for production version which is less than order quantity.

Regards

Rahul

former_member201849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JJ

Please check

1. Check the status of the BOM at header level, it should have a status as 1 in CS02

2. Check the explosion date of the BOM in the order and  check if the BOM has a valid from and Valid to date

3. Check the BOM Usage.

Please revert back if it is not solved.

Regards,

Suresh.M

former_member218053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have checked everything. status and usage is 1.

Its working for other plants.

I have only issue with 2 new plants...