Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which table is used to store hierarchy node variable value in query

jonathanzhang2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there anyone know which table is used to store hierarchy node variable value in query?

for example, in query desinger filter section, I set an exit hierarchy node variable ZVAR to characteristic 0compcode, and assign hierarchy name ZZ00 to this hiearchy node variable ZVAR. My question is there which table this hierarchy name "ZZ00"  is stored?

I checked sevral query related table such as RSZELTXREF, RSZELTPROP,RSZRANGE,RSRREPDIR ect, but it apperas it is not stored there. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

As you are looking for table which stores variables whether hierarchy or any other type of variable.

Please check below note which will provide you the detailed information regarding this in which table variables are stored and some other relevant information.

1563856 - Check of the variable table RSZGLOBV

Regards,

Amit

jonathanzhang2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you! I will have a check and get back to you.

Strangely, i used ST05 and table RSZGLOBV was not in the trace display. do you know why?

Jonathan

jonathanzhang2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

do you know how the entry in table RSZGLOBV connected to table RSZELTXREF or RSRREPDIR or other table?

Thanks

Jonathan

jonathanzhang2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

the entry linked to table RSZGLOBV is not with hierarchy name display. why? it seems there is another place to get this value stored. I was talking about the value HW00 showed below in the screenshot. variable ZVAR_GSDM1 is a hierarchy note variable. I still cannot find the space it was stored.

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Do you only want to see the data/nodes in this hierarchy? then go to the maintain hierachy for Company Master data. There you will be able see all the hierachies available for Company. Search for HW00 and view the nodes avaiable in it.

Otherwise if you want to see the hierachy HW00 that is assigned to your Variable ZVAR_GSDM1 see below.

At the time of the variable restriction for a hierarchy node, we need to define the hierarchy as well. ( this hierarchy too can again be a variable) but in your case it has been assigned to a constant hierarchy.

For this right click on Company -> Restrict -> from drop down select Variables -> In Type for variables drop-down select Hierachy node then you will see a 'Variable Hierarchy'

here, you will be able to change/update remove the hierarchy that is shown as HW00 in your screenshot. Click on the F4 help and you will see a pop as below.

Here, you can chose your hierachy through drop down or if you want it to be variable then chose hierarchy variables radio button and from F4 help you will list of available variables for this hierarchy.

jonathanzhang2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Thanks for your kind explanation. Actually the reason why I want to know how this "HW00" stored in the table is that I want to find all the queries using this HW00 as hierarchy node viaralbe. We have thoursands of queries in the system and it is not possible to check one by one. Any clue?

Thanks!

Jonathan

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Refer the wiki page http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Finding+hierarchy+where+used+list+in+Bex+Queries

It might not be straight solution on what you are searching. But you know that HW00 node variables for XYZ Hierarchy. So use XYZ as a starting point and gothrough the steps mentioned in the link.

Hope it helps! Meanwhile let's wait for other's response.

Thanks,

Umashankar

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Another way would be, goto rsa1 --> Either select Transport Connection/  BI Content --> select 'GoTo' Menu bar--> then from middle window select query elements --> Variable --> enter HW00 and locate it. click on transfer.

It should get you the list of BEx Queries.

Alternatively, goto rsa1 --> Either select Transport Connection --> Select Query Elements --> Variable --> Find HW00 and Transfer.

Once you transfer it, right click and choose 'Display Description' . It will take you through browser, find various tabs in it . In user tab, you will get the list of queries.

My SAP BW version is 7.3.  Hope either of these three ways will help you to find!

Thanks,

Umashankar

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

RSZGLOBV table stores all the variables for Bex and Hierarchy will be stored in the H table of the master data ( /bi0/h**** or /bic/hz*****)

Is that what you want to know?

Hope this helps.

-Swati.

jonathanzhang2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

I took a quick of look of table RSZGLOBV. It appeared it is storing there.

I will have a further check and get back to you.

Thank you very much!

Jonathan