cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate RESET button for service request Saved Search

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts - can somebody help me to understand whether do we need to go for enhancement for activating RESET button for Saved search for the MAIN Search screen for Service request or this can be achieved by the configuration.

Points will be awarded this is quiet urgent.

Regards

Vani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Webster_Cui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vani,

The scenario you describe is standard. The Web UI will always buffer

the last query search criteria in the search view. If you use the

Saved Search, it will keep those search criterias until you change it.

In your Saved search, it uses only one search criteria and removes the

rest of the unsued search criteria. If you need more search criterias,

you can add them by clicking on the '+' button. This will allow you

to add more criterias if needed.

So for your question, yes, you have to do some enhancement to change the system behaviour. There is no configuration way to add the RESET functionality.

Hope this is clear for you.

Regards,

Webster

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

All - thanks for the very valuable answer.

Points are rewarded.

Regards

Vani

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit - can you please help me to understand the behaviour when you implement this note.

in a sense that will you get the RESET button on the page or we need to configure, or how will that RESET will work when the user want to reset the search screen of the service request page to get the original screen.

As recommended:

Please check the SAP note 1971752 for SRQ saved search issue not displaying the default criteria, might be of some help.

Regards

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Webster actually that is not correct, this is a program bug, the saved search criteria should not be stuck when user open the search view again to perform a new search, that is so anti-usability. SAP knows this as a bug and that's why have so many SAP notes to fix these saved search issue in all One order transactions.

Vani,

I thought that note might work for you, similar to other notes i replied in other thread.

Check below SAP note or ask SAP to provide you the correct note number

1647661 - Service search screen behavior with saved search

Rgds,

Shobhit

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit - I have already done so, but any body has encountered the same issue and has implemented the correct Note, if you find kindly let me know the Note number.

Regards

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should check with SAP for correct note number, probably an OSS message.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the SAP note 1971752 for SRQ saved search issue not displaying the default criteria, might be of some help.

Rgds,

Shobhit

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit - I have implemented the recommended SAP Note 1971752 for SRQ but this is not behaving as we need, basically the user wants to default it to the initial search screen when he start searching from the home page, as still the old saved search is existing its not clearing.

Any advise

Regards

Vani

former_member182315
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit - can you please help me to understand the behaviour when you implement this note.

in a sense that will you get the RESET button on the page or we need to configure, or how will that RESET will work when the user want to reset the search screen of the service request page to get the original screen.

Regards

Vani