cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Office Upgraded - Now Some Report Conversion Problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doing a upgrade and migration from BOBJ XI to 4.1 and have hit a roadblock with Live Office giving me some odd issues:

Old Setup:

• Live Office XI (11.5.8.826)
  • Within Citrix
  • Excel 2007
  • Configured to use old server
  • working fine

New Setup:

• Live Office 4.1 SP5 Patch 4 (14.1.5.1634)
  • Excel 2010
  • Configured to use new server
  • Not Citrix (yet)

In the new LO, I can create new queries in a new and also allows me to bring in Web Intelligence data into a new document.

If I create a workbook in the old environment containing a Webi table, it will convert into the new LO format and refresh within the new LO setup.

If I create a workbook in the old environment containing a table based on a query, it will not open convert within the new LO setup. It gives the following error:

Failed to upgrade this object (LO 01400) (LO 01400) while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.split(java.lang.String) of a null object loaded from a local variable at slot 3

and

Failed to upgrade this object (LO 01400) (LO 01400)

Invalid Pointer

Any advice or direction would be a big help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Killian,

The migration path of XI [XIR2 /wSP2] to BI 4.1 is NOT supported, you can only migrate from XIR2 w/SP4 [11.5.10.1263] &/or XI 3.1 w/SP2 [12.2.0.291] to BI 4.1

Try upgrading your XI environment to minimum SP4 or higher, I would recommend going SP6 for XIR2.

See image below for reference.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Ajay - it's always the simple things!

Any potential or likely issues in upgrading a live environment from SP2 to SP6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The version of Live Office was upgraded to XIR2 w/SP4 [11.5.10.1263]  but still the error occurs.

Failed to upgrade this object (LO 01400) (LO 01400) while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.split(java.lang.String) of a null object loaded from a local variable at slot 3

What could be the cause of this?

Thanks

Answers (0)