cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio set variablevalueExt is not working in newer version 1.5

0 Kudos

Hello,

As i was using Design studio 1.4 and recently upgraded to 1.5.

we are using HANA as backend and for one calculation view, input parameter(i.e IV_FILTERSTRING) is accepting some filter value from front end .

so we were passing value from design studio as

APPLICATION.setVariableValueExt("IV_FILTERSTRING","COMPANY IN (''ABC'')");

The same code is fetching values in DS 1.4 but in DS 1.5 am not getting any data from backend.

Note : i am passing the value ABC between two-two single quotes instead of between double quotes

Any help....?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Did any one checked by selecting only one value i.e selecting only one value from the dimension filter and passing to back end HANA system. I am facing same bug if am passing one value and if am selecting multiple value from dimension filter it is working fine.Find the attached screen shot for reference and kindly help..

Regards,

Arjun N

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any update on Design Studio 1.5 service pack 2 release information..?

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.5 SP2 has been released yesterday.

see

Karol

0 Kudos

Thank you. I checked with our internal server and the bug is fixed with SP02. Thanks for all the support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

any news about this issue?

We have the same problem and maybe you've found a workaround in this period.

Thanks

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Salvatore, Arjun, did you apply patch 1 to 1.5 and try again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

yes we tried the patch 1 for Design Studio 1.5 but the behaviour is the same.

Thanks

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salvatore - then like Karol suggested in the earlier threads, please open an incident with SAP Support.

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy and salvatore,

I have raised SAP incident a month ago and with all DS and HANA details they are working on it. I ll update as soon it is solved.

Thanks,

Arjun N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

thank you for the update.

We found this discussion http://scn.sap.com/thread/3759697 that report the same issue and refer to a fix that will be released on week42 with DS 1.5 SP2.

Thanks

Salvatore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Try passing the input parameter value via assigning a global parameter and pass a valid input parameter value as default to it.

Check if this thing work and do let me know.

Thanks,

Arpit

0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

We tried initially using global parameter but still it is not working.

The exact code is working in DS 1.4 but not in DS 1.5.

Thanks,

Arjun N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

In DS1.5 there is a new property in the application - "Merge Prompts" which is set to "true" by default. You need to set it to "false".

This condition unmerges all the variables associated with the queries used in the application.

If you want to set a value to the variable you need to access that variable via the particular DataSource (in your scenario it would be the HANA view). Probably this might be the reason for the APPLICATION.setVariableValueExt("IV_FILTERSTRING","COMPANY IN (''ABC'')"); is not working.

Now the Code goes like this:

Datasource.setVariableValueExt(<variable>.<value>)

Just give a try & let me know..

Thanks

Kavya

0 Kudos

Hi Kavya,

Thank you for the reply

But in our case if we are sending blank space to our calculation view input parameter(i.e APPLICATION.setVariableValueExt("IV_FILTERSTRING"," ") ; ) will give us the desired result.

But the problem is when we send some value with quotes(Because HANA accept input parameter as CITY IN (''ABC'') where CITY is a column in a table) .

And both Datasource.setVariableValueExt and APPLICATION.SetVariableValueExt is not working if we are sending in quotes.

Note:In our case HANA view will return all data if are sending blank space else filtered data.

Thanks

Arjun N

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

special signs must be escaped.

" -> \"

this line:

APPLICATION.setVariableValueExt("IV_FILTERSTRING","COMPANY IN (\''ABC\'')");

should work

0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

I tried but no luck.It is not working.

But the same syntax is working fine in DS 1.4

Thanks,

Arjun N

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

ok, now I see. the display in forum is not correct.

you use 2 x ' sign, not ".

what you can try is - open a prompt dialog, select the variable via dialog and call the method

getVariableValueExt("IV_FILTERSTRING") passing it into text. This is the content you need to use.

If this will not work, then customer incident is only way to figure out.

Karol

0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

Thank you for the reply.

I dont want user interaction through prompt dialog. On click of chart or on selection i need to call the method to set the variable.

Waiting for the customer incident to reply. since it is most needed.

Thanks,

Arjun N

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I mean this only for test, not permanent. to see the value. Because the method is returning the correct string. Then, either it works with it, or you need to open an incident.

Karol

0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

It is not working.. tried in all ways.

Thanks,

Arjun N

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

then the only option is customer incident on it.