cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompts for Live office in Dashbords 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have developed a Live office connection in Dashboards 4.1 and source for Live office is webi report and for webi data is getting from Bex. I have developed the report successfully and now I have to give prompts to Live office connction.

Also the data in Live office is not updating dynamically.

Please suggest me how to make Live office data dynamic and create prompts for live office.

Thanks

Saroja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saroja,

You need to have prompts in webi report itself.
After creating the LO connection on webi go to Live office tab -> Go To Object.
Click on the webi object and select refresh object. This will ask for prompt values and  refresh your report based on the prompt value.
When the report is refreshed go to Modify Object and select prompt settings.

You have 3 options -> Always ask, from list, bind to cell.
Choose whichever is desired.

Also I would like to inform you that the bext practices for creating Dashboards on LO is to create the LO in excel outside Dashboards. Later save this file and import it in Dashboards. After importing add the LO connection in Data Manager. Also do not forget to update the servername and port in session URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for your solutions. It is working fine.

When I click on"Refresh all objects" then data is refreshing in LO spread sheet, If not no.

Now I want to happen it dynamically means with out clicking the Refresh button data has to get refresh at LO spread sheet.

Please provide me a solution.

Regards,

Saroja

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Schedule webi report, enable the "refresh on open" option. Use "Refresh data after components loaded" in dashboard. These three will pretty much satisfy you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I tried the option "Refresh data after components loaded"  but only after clicking "Refresh all objects" button data is getting refreshed.

Please let me know do I need to do anything?

Regards,

Saroja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saroja,

In the LO -> Modify object -> Prompt setting you have an option to bind the prompt to a cell.

If you choose to check the append parameters option you will get LOVs for the prompt in the cell that is bind. If not there wont be any LOV but you have to enter values manually.

Whatever, after you select/type the value and hit enter the Lo will refresh and bring data as per the prompt value provided. If you dont hit enter it will not refresh. If this works fine, import this LO spreadsheet to Dashboards.

Later in dashboard you can have a selector component(Eg: combo box) to get the prompt value from the end user and again bind it to the same cell. So that the prompt value is passed to the cell and to the LO connection.

Now for refresh, go to Usage tab -> select refresh on trigger and map the trigger cell to the same prompt cell.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the trigger to cell are mapped properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I mapped to cells but still it is not working.

Attached the screen shot. Please look and let me know where am I going wrong.

Regards,

Saroja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Map the trigger cell to only one cell not to entire range and then check the issue.

And you have mapped it to an area where the LO gets data. It should be mapped to the cell that contains prompt value.

Eg: Your A1 to F50 contains data. And G1 is mapped to prompt. Then the trigger cell will be G1.
      And whatever prompt is recieved from end user either by input box or combox that must be
      inserted in G1.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you have miss understood the trigger to cell concept, it should be a single cell to trigger concatenate the filter values and then use them into the trigger to cell.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha/Suman,

Thanks for your time and detailed reply

I have followed steps but couldn't get expected results.I have followed below steps

1)Live office tab -> Go To Object. -> select the Webi Report

then Modify Object ->prompt settings

Then selected the prompt values, mapped the prompt to a cell & Refreshed the object.

2)Moving forward I mapped the cell in Data->connection->Datamanager->LO connection

3) Assigned the prompt cell to a Combo box

4) Preview the report, I created the prompt for the cal month field but it is showing other object data in prompt cell

Below component to the chart is List view to check which value is populating in prompt cell.

5) To the surprise it didn't asked for the prompt at the time generating report and it encountered the error as well.

Please suggest me where I am going wrong and please guide me how to achieve this.

Regards,

Saroja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saroja,

In the combox properties, your source is A2 to D12. Now when you select the label from the combo box, the respective row will be selected. And the same row will be inserted in the destination. But your destination is a single cell.

Now you have to map the destination to a row like the source. Now this row will have a cell that you need to pass as prompt. Map this cell for LO prompt and trigger cell.

The  problem caused here is because of the source and destination. If you correct that it would work fine.

Regards,
Abhilasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhilasha,

With your help I am almost done but I stucked up in combo box.

Please see below steps which I followed.

1) I can able to see the prompt drop down list in my spread sheet and it is refreshing as well

2) I have mapped this to a combo box

3) In Data-> connection->datamanager-> Usuage, I mapped the cell.

4) When I preview this I couldn't find the list of values in combo box istead only one value is displaying.

Please let me know how to get all the values which are showing in prompt in spread sheet.

Regards,

Saroja

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a dummy report for calmonth or create a list of values on your own. i.e hard code the values if required. take it as source use A17 as destination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks Suman!!

Any more solutions please...

Regard,

Saroja

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you tried my recent comment, what is the outcome. It will work for sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I tried and it is working, but we dont know user which month and year he will select. If I hard code it I cant hard code all the years and months.

Regards,

Saroja

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the case, use calender component instead of combo box and set the destination of the calender component to the prompt cell.

Check if this helps.

Regards,
Abhilasha

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check attached SAP Idea link. as per this prompts are not supported with BICS in LO.

Need prompt in LiveOffice from WebI (with Bex BICS connection ) : View Idea