Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Issue SAP IDM 7.2 SP9

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Would like to ask if anyone was able to encounter this error during a transport in Admin UI?

I already checked in the Java Trace in Java Instance and it is giving me an error:

Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""

It doesn't point to any specific objects, I check as well the xml file but I don't see any string pointing to that ''''

I have checked a few discussions and blogs but can't see any fix about this one.

The closest one that I have seen is this one:

However, at the end of the discussion, he didn't completed the task using the SAP Admin UI.

I already check the transport documentation in the SAP Marketplace however I already followed all the recommendations but still no luck.

I hope someone can shed me some light on this one.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

Santi Obejero

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santi,

Can you tell me if this happens if you use import/export from the MMC console?

Thanks,

Matt

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for responding. To answer your question, Unfortunately I haven't tried yet the MMC Export/Import. The main goal of our transport is to copy our Sandbox of our Dev System. I just followed the documentation and somewhat encountered this error. Should I instead do the simple export/import function in MMC?

Thanks!

Regards,

Santi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lambert-giese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Santi,

I had the same problem on SAP IDM 7.2 SP7 running on a 7.40 Portal. It occurred for me whenever I entered many lines into the "Export Reason" or "Import Reason" text fields, so the resulting text would not fit into the input fields standard height and display a vertical scrollbar.

Try entering only a single-line export/import reason, or leaving the field blank completely.

Best regards,

Lambert

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lambert,

Thanks for your time in giving a feedback. I wasn't able to recreate your advice. What we did is download the identity store from the mmc in dev and import it to Sandbox. I received  and error about connection. Tried uploading it to Admin UI and it connected. I know that the procedure was not clean as it goes but it was able to manage the problem.

I will try next time your suggestion and may give a feedback on this thread. Thanks a  lot to both of you (Matt and You). Appreciate it!

Cheers!

Regards,

Santi