cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis Office 2.0 - Graphs - Excel hangs when trying to exit after using graphs

0 Kudos

Currently we're trying to get Analysis for Office 2.0.3(.8186) running on our workstations (win7 64bit / Office Pro Plus 32 bit) but currently we have 1 main issue. Excel will hang when trying to close it.

Edit:

It occurs playing around with graphs out of the analysis output data

Steps for Reconstruction  

1. Start analysis for office version 2.0.3(.8186)
2. Open any BW query from a connected SAP BW system
3. Run query and ensure a (small) dataset is presented in the excel sheet
4. Create a graph of this output, filter a bit in this graph (e.g. only 1 key figure).
5. Create another graph and do the same, different key figure
6. Try to close down Excel without saving the workbook

Our result: Excel will try to close but EXCEL.EXE cannot be closed and process hangs.

Did anyone face the same issue? How could this be resolved?

Some more background info:

Windows Event viewer did not show any specific error messages I could use to track down the root cause... Action Center did not give me any hints neither.

The program EXCEL.EXE version 15.0.4719.1000 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 13dc

Start Time: 01d0b3e6b4391a11

Termination Time: 69

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\EXCEL.EXE

Report Id: cc7698d8-1fe3-11e5-bee4-0023ae7cd0d6

To try to solve the issue, I ran nwcheckworkstation, and it came back with 2 errors stated below.

It states there is a DLL issue.

I tried to register it using regsvr32.exe from both C:\Windows\System32> as well as C:\Windows\SysWOW64>. Placing the CofInterfaces.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Office AddIn in the System32 and SysWOW64 folders.

Action-TypeStateErrorSourceDestinationError-Code
FileWorkstation CheckError: COM Server registration paths do not match. RegPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Office AddIn\Plugins\AnalysisOffice\CofInterfaces.tlb, original RegPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Office AddIn\CofInterfaces.tlbC:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Office AddIn\CofInterfaces.dllC:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Office AddIn\CofInterfaces.dll0x800407d8
ComponentWorkstation CheckComponent $CofDLL is in error. It has not been successfully installed.{F3D1BCE6-A901-4F2C-BE31-FC85D269B4FF}0x80004005

Please share your thoughts on how to resolve the issue...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi B. Roelofs,

this issue solves with below note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2161294

this is available from 2.0 SP04/2.1 SP1 (both are planned to release in this month)

Subhash

0 Kudos

Did not find this note yet, thanks. Just need to wait I guess.....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

maagp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi B. Roelofs,

Additional to the scenario that is described in the note that Subhash posted there are 2 more known scenario with charts that can cause problems.

- Closing Excel when the last opened workbook contains a chart (this is the scenario you described without using Smart Paste)

- Switching between workbooks that contain charts can cause that the Excel workbooks aren't reacting on mouse clicks anymore

Those 2 scenarios will be fixed in following versions of AO:

1.4 SP 13

2.0 SP 04

2.1 SP 01

There is also a additional note for this but it hasn't been published yet (I still need to finish it):
http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2184821

Best regards,

Patrik
SAP - AO Development Team

0 Kudos

Anyone?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is no response, it may be something to open a message with SAP Support about so they can analyze the log files.  Unfortunately I don't know anything about Office Pro Plus

0 Kudos

In parallel I already did that too, thanks Tammy. Which office version are you using or have you used together with version 2.0.3(.8186)?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm using Excel 2013 on the desktop - in the past I also used Excel 2010

0 Kudos

Office professional plus is an edition of Microsoft Office, I'm using the 2013 variant as well.