cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iView Property - Launch in New Window

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Using the "Launch in New Window" of an iView, Is it possible to open the new window with new session as well? The option "Display in Separate Window" opens a new window but the session(cookies) is shared with the parent window.

However, the option I'm looking for, is to open a new window that doesn't share the session with its parent. As if the window was opened using File -> New session of IE9 browser.

Is this possible with portal with any standard property available on the iview? I know the "New session" is IE specific like Chrome's incognito mode, and window.open by default opens a new window (a generic implementation), but is there a clever way of doing this?

I'm on 7.4 portal.

Thanks,

Rajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to have your users launching Chrome or IE not with standard way.

For example, installing a chrome plugin:

Session Buddy - Chrome Web Store

And launching IE for example with the option -noframemerging.

Best Regards,

Tal

former_member186017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajit,

There is no way to open a new window from portal as a new session.

Changing the authentication scheme of the iView will also not do the work.

BR,

Nadav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

Please find the below link for more options on Iview Properties :-

iView Properties - Portal - SAP Library

Technically, If you open a new Iview in New Window. It needs session details to hold authentication details to run the same.

Here can you elobrate, by what to achieve technically in open new session?

Regards,

Praneeth

0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

I need it to be in a new session, for the very same reason that I do not want to share the session details for authentication, but i cannot break single sign on between the two systems.

The scenario is sso between system portal & BW and sso between BW& FC. So when FC is opened from portal it accepts sso from portal. But there are issues with session management on FC and so interim plan is to use FC without SSO (but launched via the portal).

So i want FC to open in a new window but not share session with portal.

Thanks,

Rajit

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,,

You can chage the iview authentication scheme  I think this may resolve your isssue.

Thanks & Reagards,

Meghal Shah