Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withholding Tax- supplier invoices ByD

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I don't know why ByD doesn't post the correct withholding tax account when I create a new Supplier invoice.

I complete all the tax data

Here, the journal entry

Input VAT account is correct, but nothing about the withholding tax account.

I revised the withholding tax details in supplier master data, and in the account determination in Business configuration all seems to be ok

I don't know how can I manage ByD to use this account in supplier invoices.

Many thanks

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaime,

I assume that this is correct. I checked in the test system about the withholding tax. for Spain, Withholding tax is due at the payment and is relevant for the down payment. However withholding tax is not due at hte invoice and I suspect that due to this, at the invoice level system is not posting withhoding tax.

Can you try creating a payment for the invoice and check respective Journal entry? Journal entry for the payment should have the line for the withholding tax.

I hope this will answer to your concerns. Let me know if you still face the issue.

Regards,

Harshal

jaime_dominguez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal

I made the invoice payments and, yes, the withholding tax is posted at this point

In Spain, the withholding tax should be counted in the invoice journal entry, independent of the payment (and then the obligation to pay to the authorities).

With this ByD accounting method, I think the companies loose some of control till the payment but in accounting terms can be valid.

Many thanks for yor help

Best regards

Answers (0)