cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eexport background image to Excel

0 Kudos

Dear experts

I know this question has been asked several times but I didn't find a suitable solution.

I am trying to export my webi report to Excel. This works pretty good apart from exporting a background image on the title report.

What works is if I create a blank cell and define an image as background the image is being exported to Excel. If I do the same steps on report level however it does not work anymore. Is there a difference in handling a cell background image compared to a report (whole site) background image?

Another way I tried to achieve it was by setting up the cell to be full page width and height. But if I export then to Excel the first cell contains the image and all the content is in the next rows (But the content is supposed to be on the image; dark image, white font).

Is there a solution or a workaround on how to achieve what I am looking for?

Thank You

Lars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the sap note 1966731 - Background image can not be exported to excel when Web Intelligence document cell is not b...

As per this Workaround for conditional format with images: Insert a blank column and apply the conditional format to the blank column.

But still it is not working..may be you can raise a support ticket on this.

Note 1966731:Background image can not be exported to excel when Web Intelligence document cell is n...

Amit

0 Kudos

HI Amit,

Thank you for the answer. I am not talking about a cell. I am talking about a plain report where you can format the report and set up a background image. Is that not posible in Excel?

Lars

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think to background image is possible.

Microsoft Excel does not support background images, so when exporting a Web Intelligence cell which contains data and has an image in background, only the data will be exported to Excel. Workaround: do not mix data and background in the same cell if you really want to export the images to Excel. Instead, create a separate cell with the image.

See the SAp document on this.

http://www.sapimprovementfinder.com/public/index.php/note/export?n=0001932609

Answers (0)