Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diferent Compositions in EHS Property tree

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

I am really confused about different compositions maintained under composition section in composition node of standard property tree . Can anyone give me clarification how things works when it comes to BOMBOs tranfer and why do we need different kind of compoistion in property tree . what are the uses of each of them . I know legal composition is maintained for SVT purpose ?

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kirshna,

Please see the document:

Hope this helps a bit

Mark

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark ,

What about the legal composition ? any idea

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I updated the document for the legal composition.

Hope this helps

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

SAP is providing a STANDARD property tree. On the top if you buy rulesets you will see how SAP uses all of the properties of type "Composition" in the node. The whole use is based on the SAP default set up.

But you (if you would like) can completely "misuse" the properties. E.g.you can maintain in the "Standard composition" a "composition" which is "similar" to the "dangerous ingredients" (which are normally used in context of SDS/MSDS).

E.g. in context of SVT you are as well free to select any property of type "composition". The same is true for BOMBOS.

Clearly there is the "best pratice" in place; and clearly there is no reason not to follow it but you cando it completely different.

This is one of the many reasons why SAP consultant have sometimes trouble with the property tree. Behind that is a "history". And in most cases twice per year the STANDARD tree get updates (with a SP normally) based on either legal reasons or based on input from industry or because of optimization reasons. Therefore you have as well the property tree "OBSOLETE" in the system.

The property tree as such is "only" a kind of technical vehicle to maintain the data in a structure "logical" way (that means people from e.g. product safety department understand it very well).

Hope this helps.

C.B: