cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Statutory trip types, Enterprise-Specific Trip Types, Activity types etc in Travel Mgt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to understand the use of Statutory trip types, Enterprise-Specific Trip Types, Activity types etc in Travel Mgt. I some have created some values in the respective nodes but when coming to the travel request or expense screen these fields are not available for selection.

I have tried FITVFELD_WEB but still these fields are not available.

Am I missing something or this is standard. In "Define Maximum Rates and Default Values for Expense Types" nodes I have the option to select these fields but if I will not able to select the trip types in travel request or expense screen then what is the use of this?

Please guide.

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

which frontend are you using?

What do you have tried in FITVFELD_WEB?

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

I am using ESS as frontend to raise travel requet / expense ststement. To show/hide different fields in the Travel expense screen I made some config in FITVFELD_WEB to show the mentioned fields in the webdynpro screen. But still these fields are not displayed.

Regards,

Daniel

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

can you please elaborate on "some config"? I.e. what fields exactly did you configure? Did you configure the correct schema (PL)? Some screenshots would also help.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Below is the screenshot of Trip schema in which I made the Statutory trip types, Enterprise-Specific Trip Types, Activity types as visible, but still the fields are not  showing in Travel request screen. I did the same for Trip schema - Domestic also but no result in Travel expense screen.

Regards,

Daniel

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

looks good. I can only try some shots in the dark then:

• have you configured and are you using the correct trip provision variant (MOREI), i.e. maybe you accidentally configured a different MOREI than what your test case's Pernr defaults to?
  • do you maybe have a development client and a testing client and forgot to do a transport via SCC1?
  • what system are you on? Maybe it's an old SP level and this is a standard issue.

If everything fails, you can still externally debug  PTRA_UTIL_GENERAL_DATA_FIELDS to find out what's actually going wrong, but the logic in there really is a pain to debug IMHO.

Cheers, Lukas

EDIT: Another very unprobable cause could be that you configured feature TRVFD and your use case is defaulting to another return parameter than " " (blank) and subsequently no field control is found for the schema.

Message was edited by: Lukas Weigelt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

I think there is no problem with transport or MOREI because when I am changing some field settings for other field in the schema it is working fine. Only for the statutory trip types etc, the field schema settings are not working.

I haven't configured the TRVFD feature. It is blank as shown below.

Message was edited by: Daniel Mac Could you please guide what config should be done in TRVFD? Regards, Daniel

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, you should debug the FM I mentioned earlier to actually see what the problem is. Otherwise it's a guessing-game.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Have you done the customizing "Define Trip Activity Types" in SPRO?

Here is the path:

Menu Path to Define Trip Activity Types - S_AHR_61000689

01. SAP Customizing Implementation Guide 

02.-- Financial Accounting (New) 

03.---- Travel Management 

04.------ Travel Planning 

05.-------- Trip Rules and Profiles 

06.---------- Travel Policy 

07.------------ Trip Activity Types 

08.-------------- Define Trip Activity Types - S_AHR_61000689 

You'll probably also need to customize "Define Enterprise-Specific Trip Types".

Menu Path to Define Enterprise-Specific Trip Types - S_AHR_61009883

01. SAP Customizing Implementation Guide 

02.-- Financial Accounting 

03.---- Travel Management 

04.------ Travel Expenses 

05.-------- Master Data 

06.---------- Control Parameters for Travel Expenses 

07.------------ Control Parameters from Trip Data 

08.-------------- Define Enterprise-Specific Trip Types - S_AHR_61009883 

With these two customizing done i think you will be able to control the expenses the way you want using "Define Maximum Rates and Default Values for Expense Types".

I hope this would help.

Best regards,

Hugo.