Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Bex Query and Open Hub

chris_mason2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Community:

As I haven't found a work around for the large Excel Exports from the Portal, I'm wondering if somebody could share

an example of you they have used openhub as a way to Export Query results.

I'm thinking of running the Query once a month to populate the openhub to generate a csv file.

How do we modify the Query Variables when it's run like this?  Do we use a variant approach similar to the old

Bex Broadcaster?  I'm thinking it would be nice to import the csv file into another process to generate an Excel

File once the csv was created by the openhub.  Has anybody done this?  I'm thinking it could be done on a windows server.

Thanks for your consideration.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

I extract the following information from SAP Note 1860872:
I believe that is your scenario

You want to extract data:

• In our experience customers require huge grid for further calculation/aggregation. Then here customer are NOT looking for reporting tool but rather an extraction tool. You need to do your own research to find which tool is the best fit for your requirement.
  • Some hints which can help you for extraction:
    1. Use of APD with limitation, see SAP notes 794257 and 751577 and online documentation: Activities in the Analysis Process Designer (APD).
    2. Queries as Info Providers for open-hub (BW730 SP8 onwards), see online documentation: Distributing Data from the BW System.

Best Regards,
Edward

0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

I'm not able to see the below links. Could you please explain me how to create a open hub on top of a query, which is created on top of composite provider.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just use ANALYSIS PROCESS DESIGNER (APD) instead of openhub..The former is faster..

About your conversion from CSV to EXCEL, it is not possible IF the number of rows exceeds the maximum number of rows of your MS EXCEL which is 1,048,000+ rows..

Regards,

Loed