cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Open Query..." format in multiple tabs (not using grids)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to put multiple queries into one workbook. I want to use the standard/default format that is produced for each report as it would appear if you select Bex Analysis toolbox:Open > Open Query.

Each time I do this, it opens the query in a new workbook.

I understand that I can add additional multiproviders in the Workbook Settings, but how do I get them to display in multiple tabs in their default formats?

I do not want to insert grids and nav blocks.

Thanks!

Danielle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danielle,

Do you mean to say, multiple queries in each different sheets of single workbook? with default format as in first sheet OR Bex Query?

If yes, then it is not possible the way what you are trying now. So only option is to go in design mode and add analysis grid and filter manually, these two give you the same default format.

Except for Title and other information displayed when compared to default. For this, you may have to insert/use Text Element item from Workbook Design mode and make use of it.

In past we have done the same by using Text Element and Text Box to display to title of the query. Text Box is static not dynamic.

Thanks,

Umashankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denielle,

I got one SCN thread which could be useful for your requirement regarding multiple queries in a workbook.

You can set below settings also.

"Restore Initial Query View on Refresh"

This will retrieve the original navigational state saved in the query or query view on the server for this design item when you open the workbook. If this  is not selected, the current navigational state, as it appears in the BEx Analyzer after you have navigated and changed the view, is saved when you save the workbook.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3364983

Regards,

Amit