Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change DDFTX table contents?

gilberto_parga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am having a simple issue, in my customer's productive environment the fields DDFTX-SCRTEXT_S, SCRTEXT_L, SCRTEXT_M (short, medium and long screen text labels) for a specific combination of TABNAME / FIELDNAME of this table DDFTX have other values than Develpment and Quality systems. Thats weird because in VIM Analytics (Open Text transaction /OPT/VIM_ANALYTICS) the ALV report showed with this transaction has different headers due that difference.

There is no maintenance view for this standard table (DDFTX), someone knows how to change it? Actually I looked for FMs DD_ACTUALIZE_DDFTX, DD_UPDATE_DDFTX but they dont work alone, so I looked where they are used but the classes and function pools where DDFTX is updated or inserted are called dynamically son I cannot see where they are utilized. If you can help please do so! Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DDFTX is not user maintained, This table buffers texts from the ABAP Dictionary. (Stores at table/field level language related text informations from table or data element definition)

Hint: Even, if you delete every record in it, system will rebuild it from ddic information (List of such tables : D010L, D010Q, D010Y, D010LINF, D020L, D020LINF, D021L, D021LINF, D346T, D342L, DDFTX,  D344L, REPOLOAD, DYNPTXTLD, DYNPLOAD, DDLOG)

So

• First insure that data element were successfully transported and activated.
  • Check for deadlock message in system (SM21) or transport log (STMS/SE01)
  • As a LAST solution use report RSLANG20 to refresh such table (You MUST first read 110910 - Deleting the language load)

Regards,

Raymond

4 REPLIES 4

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to fix the problem using conventional means, like: activating the table or the affected data element, or transporting the table/data element/translation from development again?

cheers

Jānis

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DDFTX is not user maintained, This table buffers texts from the ABAP Dictionary. (Stores at table/field level language related text informations from table or data element definition)

Hint: Even, if you delete every record in it, system will rebuild it from ddic information (List of such tables : D010L, D010Q, D010Y, D010LINF, D020L, D020LINF, D021L, D021LINF, D346T, D342L, DDFTX,  D344L, REPOLOAD, DYNPTXTLD, DYNPLOAD, DDLOG)

So

• First insure that data element were successfully transported and activated.
  • Check for deadlock message in system (SM21) or transport log (STMS/SE01)
  • As a LAST solution use report RSLANG20 to refresh such table (You MUST first read 110910 - Deleting the language load)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Thank you Raymond. Solution was to reimport the data element definition assuring nobody was using the VIM Analytics report when transport process is going on.

Even though this thread is very old - When I stumbled across same issue - my search brought me here. I just want to add my findings since I came across same issue and found a different solution.

DDFTX entries are deleted when we activate the table. So one of the option is to activate the table to refresh entries in DDFTX.

Other option is to use function module DD_INT_DELETE_DDFTX

I hope this proves helpful to people with same issue.

Thanks

Austin