cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis 1.4 On Excel Result

Former Member
0 Kudos

On Analysis, every time when we drag a characteristic to display on the report, the result line is always populated.  Is there a setting where we can turn it off.

Also, the result row is basically the sum of each key figure.  What if on the report, we have Qty and %,

By default, the result row is auto. sum up the Qty. but for %, we want to show average instead of sum it up.  Is there a way to do it?

Really appreciate for any insights,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn Vuong,

Yes you can use multi selection in 2.0

coming to other question, you can perform below calculations (Add,Subtract...)

Best Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Venkata.  Our client has Excel 2010 and we installed analysis 2.0 a while back.  Apparently 2.0 only works on Excel 2013.  Do you know whether it is still true?

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi lynb vuong,

That's not true.

Analysis office 2.0 supports both 2010 & 2013

Thanks and regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Subhash.  I installed AO 2.0 to try out and when I go to Analysis --> Open Data Source.  I gives me the blank page.

I have saplogon.ini  and SAPUILandscape.xml into directory \\data\appData\Roaming\SAP\Common and also in Windows but it sill give me blank page.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for all your help.  How can I give you points?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn - which SAP Gui are you using?  Are you on the 7.4 Gui?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Tammy..it's 7.4 GUI

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lynn:

See this thread:

Have you downloaded the latest SP for Analysis 2.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tammy.  let me check out the thread.

Do you know when 2.1 will be released?

currently, adding excel formula or SAPGetData to sum 2 rows in new line after refresh is not supported in 2.0 right? the formula is gone after refresh.

is it supported in 2.1?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

2.1 is in rampup; SAP won't say went it goes GA until it meets their internal KPIs

You are right, 2.0 doesn't support formulas in new cells added

2.1 has a very nice dynamic formula editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tammy

0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

If your using 1.4 version, then you have the option of suppressing the Result column.

Under the Display Tab, you have this option called Totals. In that, select the rows where you need to suppress the Result column and click on Hide Totals and that will hide the result column.

Hope this was helpful

Regards,

Varsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Varsha.  w/ this, I have to hide totals for each column one by one.  I was looking for some setting where I could turn it off all columns at once.

Thank you for the tip.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

The easiest thing to do is suppress the results back in the BEx Query Designer (is BW your data source)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy for the tip.

In our case, we don't use BEx Query Designer.  We built report in analysis directly from HANA view.

For the result row, can you set what calculation (sum or average) for each key figures?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn - is there any chance you could update Analysis Office from 1.4 to 2.x?

In 2.x there is a third panel that would control the display of totals - see below:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome..Thank you so much Tammy.

Just one final question...can you define calculation (sum or average) on the result row for each key figures?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn - it is not by key figure but by dimension - in the example above, the "PROJ" dimension is selected.

Good luck; I like the extra property panel in 2.0

Tammy